Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
965 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
16 year old needs help !

I just bought my first corvette a couple of months ago and my rear tires are almost bald but my front tires still have some tread left does anyone who makes a good corvette tire ? can i get away with just replacing the rear ?

·
Registered
10,035 Posts
re tires

beeing 16 $ an issue any way check pep boys some one told me cooper puts out a z rated tire by another name sold there for about 145ea they also have others good luck cosmo:buhbye:

·
Registered
965 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
wow the tires from Sumitomo are only 91 bucks are you serious about them being that good patrick ?? I was thinking i would be the 1000 doller area for a set of good tires. that would be GREAT if those tires are as good as you say they are

·
DC Crew
32,974 Posts
KingJoe I can speak for them as well I have them on my 87 and love them. 275/40/17 on the front and 315/35/17 in the rear.I need to get off my lazy butt and do a product review.

·
Registered
623 Posts
DO NOT get Firestone. I had a set on my '81 and they were TOTAL CRAP! When the street was even just a little wet I would spin all over the place.

·
Banned
9 Posts
Goodyear F1GSD3 tires. Fantastic tire at an affordable price. They are probably the most under rated tire made today.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I love my Kuhmos on my 87. I think they were $525 out the door, tax, mounted, lifetime balance and rotation. Big 'O' was the tire dealer.I think Discount Tire has them also.

·
Registered
336 Posts
I have hear alot of good things about the Sumitomo tires and for the money you cant go wrong, also check out Kumho. A store like discount tire or tire rack will be a good source to checkout.

www.tires.com

www.tirerack.com

Mike

1 - 10 of 10 Posts