Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I've supposively ordered some KDW NTs for my 02 Z. They were suppose to be here Saturday, then this morning. I'm about done waiting, ya know. I was thinking of buying a set of tires on-line, but not sure what would be better between Toyo Proxes T1R(?) and the BF Goodrich KDW NTs? Anybody had both any major difference besides the price?

Thanks,

Josh

·
Registered
210 Posts
I don't know but will ya let me know how it turns out, I'm still running the factory tires. They were replaced when I bought the car by the dealership, and when it's time to replace them I want to be schooled on what to get.
They hold the road pretty good, but I'm sure there's something better out there.

:cheers:

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My KDW 2s are out for delivery. Hopefully they will be in in time for me to go over and drop them and my car off for mount/balance and alignment, so I can drive to the beach tonight. Time will tell. I will report back with some info on how I like them Sunday if all goes well, Monday if not.

Josh

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I got them mounted, balanced and the Z aligned Friday before my trip. I got to take it to the beach and get to feel the tires out for the 150 or so miles. It was also raining. The wet traction seemed really good. I only broke it loose once, but I have to admit I was trying. It held tight other than that. I also drove through the "troughs" of water on the highways that the big trucks make and it performed flawlessly. I also got to test out the dry traction and that was amazing as well. It sticks to the ground superbly.

I really enjoyed the trip. and loved the tires. The only thing that I could possibly complain about was the increased in cabin tire noise. It doesn't bother me any, but some may find it destructive to their ears.

Josh

1 - 5 of 5 Posts