Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I pick up something different from the store whenver I run out.

I like a semi-glossy look on the tires, not glossy.

Anyone have anything they really love? I keep jumping around.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Shark Bite said:
Anyone have anything they really love? I keep jumping around.
Meguir's Endurance High Gloss. Lasts a long time and despite the name doesn't make the tires look like two pair of patent leather shoes.

Ray

·
Registered
4 Posts
for a like new tire look try black magic tire wet. i use a wheel protector & just spray the tire wet on. you can wipe off excess, or if you're not going to move the car for a day or two you can let it go after spraying. it will first look real glossy, but after a day or two (depending on temp.) it will look like a new tire at the tire shop

·
Registered
58 Posts
BubbleHead said:
Zaino has a great product for tires that leaves a nice sheen. Gives the tire a nice black look without being shiny.
I gotta go with Tim on this one. I love the Zaino tire product. Mostly due to the fact I hate the really glossy look. Also, it will not sling off and mess up the car!

·
DC Crew
53,209 Posts
82dukman said:
I use the Zaino treatment on the vette but on the daily driver, I use "Looks Wet No Mess" Great stuff and aerosol too. Leaves them like a satin look
I like the satin look also, I use the glossy stuff, the buff it by hand with a rag to bring the shine down a bit.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I use WET 'N PROTECT. You can spray it on for a glossy look, or spray it on a towel and wipe it on for a dull or satin look.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I prefer Vinylex on the tires. It provides a look between satin and baby oil. :D

·
Registered
8,067 Posts
I have been using a tinted tire coating, I think it's made by Tire Magic? Comes in a black bottle. My 98 was silver and this stuff has?, almost like a glitter in it. I put it on per instructions..dab it on. In the light the tire has a silver look to it. Not too shiny either. I have started using it on the new black car too. It is or wa available in a few different "colors"

·
Registered
33 Posts
Ruglyde available at NAPA stores. Tires look like brand new ones, kinda semi gloss. Used by tire shops to mount your new skins and it is actually good for the tires.

B

·
0 Posts
I use the Meguires Endurance stuff. Works awesome and lasts a long time even through water.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Very many of the products have been shown to cause damage to tires after extended exposure. I guess I should have said "Not harmfull to your tires."

·
Registered
16 Posts
Since everyone has a favorite...I guess I'll put in a plug for mine. I have found Stoner's More Shine Less Time for Tires to be the easiest product that gives a uniform satin type finish.

For those that aren't faimiliar with the product. It comes in an spray can for about $3.00. It's easy to apply and will not sling off when you take the car out.

·
Premium Member
11,627 Posts
I use STP brand. Its only a couple bucks a can, looks nice and lasts a couple weeks. :)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts