Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Black 08, A&A TI supercharger. Kooks headers. CCW wheels. Much more
12,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Aloha gang,
Anyone found a tire product that doesnt fly all over the side of the car after applying? Ive tried about everything out there, no touch sprays, Maquires berry gel, tire shines, silicones. Some look really great, but even after letting the gels soak in the tires, and wipping off the excess, sparys black dots all over the side of the car..:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
30,448 Posts
Wow, you've never tried Adam's Super VRT? That's one of the main reasons I use it. You put it on sparingly as a little goes a long way. It leaves the tires black, not all greasy, shiny looking.

·
Registered
12,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok, i'll try it, i know their a sponsor here, but i'm using it based on your guys opinion of the product. Might try their polish too, i love zaino bros... so it's going to be hard to get me to switch on the polish. I'll google Adams and see if i have a vendor in my area.
Mahalo.

·
Premium Member
30,448 Posts
No need to Google, here they are:

Platinum Detailing
Conact: Alex Lee
1734 Republican St.
Honolulu, HI 96819
Phone: (808) 699-6628
[email protected]
www.adamshawaii.com

Adam's Hawaii
1734 Republican St.
Honolulu, HI 96819
Phone: 808) 216-6688
[email protected]
www.adamshawaii.com

I have used Zaino and Adam's both. It is not a question about which is better because they both pretty much do the same thing. The difference between the two is how they do what they do. Also, Adam's leans more toward paint correction where Zaino does more to mask paint correction. It's really a preference thing. Here's my car when I used Zaino:

...and here's my car on Adam's.

Totally a preference thing, but my coupon code "The Junkman" will get you 10% off any Adam's purchases. :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
30,448 Posts
If we've attended one of your demo sessions and have met you in person, can we get 25% of any Adam's purchases?:D
I tell you what Tiger, if you hook me up with one of those cute bimbos that you were busted with, I'll get you all kinds of discounts! :D

... and Ponch, stay out of my stash. :laughing:

·
Registered
389 Posts
Adam's VRT is the best I've tried.

·
Registered
12,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'll be grabbing some on wed.
Nice car junkman..... the number above has been changed to (808) 216-6688

·
Premium Member
3,766 Posts
One of the most important things to remember with any tire product (or other wax/protectant) is that the prep is extremely important. If you don't thoroughly clean the tires first (use a brush), you will get black crud in the form of road dirt and brake dust all over your wheel wells and rocker panels. Even Adam's VRT will end up on the side of the car if it can't get through all the grime to reach the tire surface.

I still use my trusty Turtle Wax gel in the orange bottle and I don't have any trouble so long as I clean the tires well before I apply it.

·
Premium Member
3,766 Posts
No need to Google, here they are:

Platinum Detailing
Conact: Alex Lee
1734 Republican St.
Honolulu, HI 96819
Phone: (808) 699-6628
[email protected]
www.adamshawaii.com

Adam's Hawaii
1734 Republican St.
Honolulu, HI 96819
Phone: 808) 216-6688
[email protected]
www.adamshawaii.com

I have used Zaino and Adam's both. It is not a question about which is better because they both pretty much do the same thing. The difference between the two is how they do what they do. Also, Adam's leans more toward paint correction where Zaino does more to mask paint correction. It's really a preference thing. Here's my car when I used Zaino:

...and here's my car on Adam's.

Totally a preference thing, but my coupon code "The Junkman" will get you 10% off any Adam's purchases. :thumbsup:
Wait a minute!!! My Adam's purchase didn't come with a Tigershark front end. I want a refund!!!

:smack

·
Registered
389 Posts
I have used Zaino and Adam's both. It is not a question about which is better because they both pretty much do the same thing. The difference between the two is how they do what they do.
Would you elaborate on that a little more AJ?

·
Premium Member
30,448 Posts
Would you elaborate on that a little more AJ?
Zaino when I used it was more of a glazing product which concentrated on multiple coats instead of actual paint correction. One of it's flagship products, Z5, is billed as, "Z-5 PRO and its micro filling technology gradually reduce the appearance of these surface imperfections without using any abrasives."

Adam's, and a host of other products on the other hand concentrated on fixing those imperfections instead of hiding them. For me, that's the outcome I wanted as I only wanted to deal with the damage in my paint once, not over and over again.

·
Registered
53 Posts
One of the most important things to remember with any tire product (or other wax/protectant) is that the prep is extremely important. If you don't thoroughly clean the tires first (use a brush), you will get black crud in the form of road dirt and brake dust all over your wheel wells and rocker panels. Even Adam's VRT will end up on the side of the car if it can't get through all the grime to reach the tire surface.
Good point! If you watch Adam's Video 6, you'll see he stresses to clean the tires to remove all of the old "gunk."

I use Adam's APC with the fender brush, works great!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts