Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering, my tires F1 supercar Z06 are 3 years old & have around 1/2 tread left But even though they aren`t worn out Are they still safe after 3 years . Not too hard on the car but occasionally run up to 130 or so . They aren`t weather cracked I`ve heard that 3 years is the safe life for tires ? Thanks.:cheers:
 

·
Web Head
Joined
·
15,763 Posts
denniswilson said:
Just wondering, my tires F1 supercar Z06 are 3 years old & have around 1/2 tread left But even though they aren`t worn out Are they still safe after 3 years . Not too hard on the car but occasionally run up to 130 or so . They aren`t weather cracked I`ve heard that 3 years is the safe life for tires ? Thanks.:cheers:
3yrs, you don't have many miles on them do you? Your tires are fine although you should probably rotate the air in them and get some of that new spring air in :rolling: Just have them balanced and go light them up a couple of times :thumbsup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply!!:partyon: They have 15000 miles. & still look good Thinking about PS 2`s 315 & 275 When I replace them . Thanks again!
 

·
Web Head
Joined
·
15,763 Posts
denniswilson said:
Thanks for the reply!!:partyon: They have 15000 miles. & still look good Thinking about PS 2`s 315 & 275 When I replace them . Thanks again!
15000, I've got 16,000 on mine and they look like one of those nasty little bald cats:smack
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
196 Posts
spiderpat said:
15000, I've got 16,000 on mine and they look like one of those nasty little bald cats:smack

Nasty bald cats, huh?....that's sure conjures up some interesting mental images, heh, heh heh.

Anyway, mine are not quite 2 yrs old with 25k on them and are only half worn down.

Run 'em!:thumbsup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
46 Posts
I have over 23,000 on mine and they are still good, putting on ps'2s also when it's time. But I have a question I was thinking of doing the same sizes meaning the 315 and 275. I was told they could possibly hit your rear fender(the 315). Any takes?
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,471 Posts
how do y'all get so many miles out of your tires, i only get about 9,000-10,000 miles out of mine.. :lookinup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
555 Posts
spiderpat said:
15000, I've got 16,000 on mine and they look like one of those nasty little bald cats:smack
Same here. My are scary on wet pavement and I've only got 15000. I've driven very easy too. I've only done a couple of small spin-outs(no smoking them). I'm wanting some tires with better wet traction and longer life that 15000 miles.

How many miles could I expect on a non-Z51 set of EMT's that come on the base C6?
 
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Top