Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
has anyone else had this problem if so is it common or a real problem. my tech at the dealer says the run flat tires are noisey and I will replace them with conv type but i have not ask him about the other. please reply.

I CALLED MY TECH AT THE DEALERSHIP AND KNEW EXACTLY WHAT TO DO.
HE DRAINED AND REPLACED THE TRANSAXLE FLUID AND PUT IN A ADDITIVE FOR THE LIMITEDSLIP CLUTHES. HE SAID THAT IS A COMMON PROBLEM BECAUSE THE FACTORY DOES NOT PUT ENOUGH OF THE ADDITIVE IN. THEY DO AS MANY 4 OR 5 A WEEK.

BUT NOW I HAVE BIGGER TROUBLE! A SCHOOL BUS BACKED IN TO MY CAR ON
MONDAY. I AM SICK! DON'T KNOW WHAT IS GOING TO BE THE OUTCOME.

·
Registered
16,300 Posts
Some have had a clutch issue causing chatter in the rear end. Most say the problem goes away after some miles are put on the car but, others have had a repair perfromed by the dealer.

Run flats are a little noisy but not compared to the Michelin howl or my Yokos.

:cheers:

·
Registered
548 Posts
How would you describe the noise created by your tires?

FYI---- remember if you change over to regular tires, the C6 does not have a place to store a spare tire. Also if you happen to have a tire failure ( i.e. blowout ) and you are moving at any speed, by not having run-flats on your C6, you run the risk of damaging your rims and you may lose control and cause body damage .... never a cheap fix.

·
Registered
762 Posts
I had my rear diff replaced because of that grinding noise when backing up, or when making tight slow turns. Took me a couple trips.

I thought this was only an '05 problem though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts