Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
El Teafive
10,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay here is he deal.

I have 2 NEW 17x11 GM wheels on the way to me (got a KILLER Price)

I have decided that they will be my cruising wheels with Radials. I will then get a set of 315/35 Nitto's for my 9.5 spare wheel for Drag racing duty. I know they fit since that is What ZR_Don is doing.

Now my front tires ar SZ50s with plenty of tread, they don't make the SZ50's in 315.

So do I buy all 4 tires or what do you guys suggest.

·
DC Crew
53,221 Posts
I would buy all 4 tires, frankly. Much like timbre matching speakers, I think matching tires overall will give you the best handling and predictability.

I was a little tight on money when I needed 4 tires for the GS.

I went with P315/35ZR-17 Sumitomo HTR Z for the rear, and P275/40ZR-17 Sumitomo HTR Z on the front. They cost $140 ea. for the rear, and $116 ea. for the front. I bought the front's first, quite a deal at $116 ea. But, when I ordered the rears, the price went up.

I was limited on time, so I got them from TireRack, but you could shop around and maybe find a better deal.

As you can guess, I went with darn near the cheapest tires you can get (i figured I'd replace them when I had $$$). But, they are not low-quality by any means! I don't intend to replace them now.

Now, I generally drive like Mario Andretti. And, I've put these tires through my very own "testing". These tires handle GREAT, I found the best tire pressure is 29psi for both a good ride and good handling. Man have I carved some corners and I can't get the GS to lose grip!

Reviews put it in the "excellent" category, and you just can't beat the price.

Learn more about the tires here....

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires...tireModel=HTR+Z

·
El Teafive
10,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I saw those too,

I thought those were what you bought.

I will prbably do the same.

Then use my spare 9.5s for Drag radials..

Now to search for GS flares and the cost to have them painted....

·
Premium Member
11,627 Posts
Yep raidmagic has those tires on his car also, although I don't think he's as hard on his car as Patrick is. Looks like a good choice. :)

·
DC Crew
4,823 Posts
I second that...I have Sumitomo 275 front/315 rear and love them! I've had them for over a year now and have no complaints...

As for the GS Flares, I picked mine up from the other forum...I see them listed every now and then but not when I wanted them so I posted a request and picked them up for $90

·
Registered
336 Posts
IF you are tight on money now, buy the kind of tires you want for the rears and then when you get the cash you can match the fronts to the back, you may be able to get some cash for the Firestones if they are still in great shape.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Re: Pirellis

Originally posted by JoeAngelicchio ...<br>
ANyone running P-Zero's??:buhbye:<br>
I was wondering the same thing....I can get a good deal on a set?:huh: I currantly have dunlop sp5000's & love them but they run over $200.00 each!:surprised

1 - 9 of 9 Posts