Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can some one give me a link to a "how to" or instructions on replacing the batterys in the tire pressure sensors. I've seen one a while back but I can't remember where it was. No I don't want to buy new ones I have some on hand. I just want to know how to repair my own. Old school, used to be able to fix things, I don't want to become just a parts changer at this point:smokin: .
Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
17,444 Posts
interested... I did not know you could change the battery in them.

·
Grey Squirrel
22,780 Posts
Can some one give me a link to a "how to" or instructions on replacing the batterys in the tire pressure sensors. I've seen one a while back but I can't remember where it was. No I don't want to buy new ones I have some on hand. I just want to know how to repair my own. Old school, used to be able to fix things, I don't want to become just a parts changer at this point:smokin: .
Thanks in advance.

The batteries in the sensors are not serviceable. They are designed to last about 10 years. When they run out, it is necessary to replace the sensor.

·
Registered
284 Posts
It is possible to change the batteries, however I have not seen a post, or instructions on the method to do so.

There are at least 2 people in the Vette community that do this (as a side business) PM me if you want their information (as a note - they more than likely will not assist you in your quest since it competes with their business).

·
Grey Squirrel
22,780 Posts
It is possible to change the batteries, however I have not seen a post, or instructions on the method to do so.

There are at least 2 people in the Vette community that do this (as a side business) PM me if you want their information (as a note - they more than likely will not assist you in your quest since it competes with their business).
Anything is possible. But if you screw it up you'll buy new sensors anyway :laughing:

The official GM literature states they are not serviceable.

·
Premium Member
17,444 Posts
Anything is possible. But if you screw it up you'll buy new sensors anyway :laughing:

The official GM literature states they are not serviceable.
Thats what I have seen. but whats he got to lose.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I did see a "How to on cutting them open and replacing them. As far as GM: "The official GM literature states they are not serviceable" these are the same people who brought us the Drop the engine and drive train to chang a clutch, and our world class PVC system that works like an oil injection system to increase knock and retard timing. Or the lets pull the stearing rack to change the cam. Why not a two piece timing cover from the factory. The headlight gears are not serviceable either, but I replaced mine. I'm ranting, I'll stop. I know the case has to be cut open and reglued when completed. The post is out there somewhere:smokin:

·
Registered
345 Posts
I did see a "How to on cutting them open and replacing them. As far as GM: "The official GM literature states they are not serviceable" these are the same people who brought us the Drop the engine and drive train to chang a clutch, and our world class PVC system that works like an oil injection system to increase knock and retard timing. Or the lets pull the stearing rack to change the cam. Why not a two piece timing cover from the factory. The headlight gears are not serviceable either, but I replaced mine. I'm ranting, I'll stop. I know the case has to be cut open and reglued when completed. The post is out there somewhere:smokin:
Why make something serviceable when you can make more money on replacement parts?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts