Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to buy drag radials and put them on spare wheels.
Do I have to put TPSs on each wheel?
If I don't, what will happen?
If I do, do they just go on, or do they have to be programmed.

Thanks in advance ;)

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Anyone

·
Banned
2,069 Posts
You cannot, at this point "tune" away the sensors. I wish there was a way. I've heard many different concepts, from using a pressurized canister for the sensors and putting them in the storage area to if you park near them, when you crank up , the computer will read them and you're able to drive without until you go through a number of cycles. It all seems strange, but the most realistic I've heard is without them, the computer will read a flat at the wheels without and the car will go into "limp" mode after the computer cycles as you drive, about 50-60 miles and it's shut off time.If someone has found a way to tune them out, I'm all ears......

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
. It all seems strange, but the most realistic I've heard is without them, the computer will read a flat at the wheels without and the car will go into "limp" mode after the computer cycles as you drive, about 50-60 miles and it's shut off time.If someone has found a way to tune them out, I'm all ears......
This is starting to look like a PITA. Now I need to buy new sensors, about $65 each. Then a tool to program them, from what I hear

I think I'll stick with the stock tires for the few times I do drag racing at the track.

Thanks for the answers. :cheers:

·
Registered
16,300 Posts

Thanks in advance ;)
It depends on your electronic package. If you have the 1SX you can run without sensors at the dragstrip but you can not go into Comp Mode. Just TC On or Off. Limp in mode will display or the DIC but will not engage.

If you do not have the 1SX, speed will be limted electronicly(including 1LT). Putting sensors in without intializing them will allow you to function on some cars indefintely and other cars for 100 or so miles.

Good Luck.

:cheers: :cheers:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts