Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 2 18x9.5 wheels that i am putting on the rear of my car so i can run BFG drag radials for better traction on the street and track.I want to know if i remove both sensors from my stock rear wheels and install them on the new rear wheels do i need to reprogram my wheels again.I have been told i do not have to just make sure you keep the right with the right side and left with the left side.Is this correct?

·
Registered
345 Posts
You are right. No need to reprogram, just make sure to keep track which side they came off.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You are right. No need to reprogram, just make sure to keep track which side they came off.
Thanks for the reply:thumbsup: Just making sure before i make the switch to the other wheels.

·
Grey Squirrel
22,780 Posts
Just make sure when you do it that you use the light weight summer air. :D

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
You don't even need the sensors for racing. I just did this. I put drag radials on the back....NO sensors.....drove to track, raced ALL day, drove all weekend...about 130 miles. NO problems. DIC displayed 32psi all weekend. Monday I put my street tires back on and the DIC displayed the correct psi. Check out my post from a few weeks ago. Midnight902 has also done this. He even has more info.

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
I have 2 18x9.5 wheels that i am putting on the rear of my car so i can run BFG drag radials for better traction on the street and track.I want to know if i remove both sensors from my stock rear wheels and install them on the new rear wheels do i need to reprogram my wheels again.I have been told i do not have to just make sure you keep the right with the right side and left with the left side.Is this correct?
:smack Disregard what I just said in the posts above....I thought you were using the drag radials only for track use. If you leave the sensors out I was told that after 100+ miles you may start having problems.:lookinup:

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
:smack Disregard what I just said in the posts above....I thought you were using the drag radials only for track use. If you leave the sensors out I was told that after 100+ miles you may start having problems.:lookinup:
Ya i plan on leaving them on full time for traction on the street,i am using the new Z06 style wheel for the back which will match the front exactly.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts