Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had problems with their tire sensors? A while ago, one of mine (left-rear) went dead and the car's computer kept saying I had a flat, even though I checked it with a tire gage and it showed 32 lbs. After "tiring" of the annoying message, I had the sensor replaced, which wasn't cheap ($125 for the part, $75 labor). Recently, I bought new rims and had the sensors moved to the new rims. Now, the same wheel (rear-left) is telling the computer it is over-inflated (46 Lbs and up) when in fact, it's only 32 lbs. I'm inclined to think most C5 owners just remove those sensors when changing tires/rims and say the hell with it. I wouldn't mind that so bad except I have run-flats and I think it would be a good idea to have the sensor, should one of the tired get punctured. On an unrelated side note, I'm having my exhaust system replaced- headers, x-pipe, catback- will the computer need to be updated after this changeout? Thanks.

·
Registered
6,158 Posts
I'm glad the Z06 don't have them. The tire sensor is a cool feature when it works. Just remember when it's time to sell the car, without the tire sensors people may back off.

Regarding the computer I think it will do a re-learn when your driving it around. To get the most out of your mods you may want to have it tuned.

:cheers:

·
Registered
15 Posts
You got a nice looking car:buhbye:
:cheers:

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
36,409 Posts
Did it stop working right after your rim change. Maybe the rim place caused the problem. On the exhaust, ragvette is correct that the computer will re-learn. usually takes 50 miles or so.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts