Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm wanting to get a set of Helo he835 wheels, they no longer have the 17x8's that I had planned on getting available so my only option is to go with the 18x8's, that said what are my tire options as far as size, What do I need size wise to make these fit with no clearance issues, I'm wanting to go slightly bigger in width in the rear then in the front and am not sure what sizes will work ,any help is greatly appreciated.

So if your running 18's on you vette please sound off and let me know what will fit with no mods

heres a link to the wheels Im wanting to run for those interested or curious

http://www.wheelsnext.com/wheels-rims/HELO-He835-Machined w| Black.html

·
Registered
119 Posts
I have 18" x 8" Centerline's with a 4" rear spacing with 255/45ZR18 tires and no clearance problem.

The link you provided shows only (2) 5 lug bolt patterns, neither of which will fit your corvette. The vette has a 5 lug by 4 3/4" (4.75) bolt circle which is 120.7mm which isn't an option they show.

http://www.lugpattern.net/Metric_Inch_Chart.htm

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
:thumbsup:yep the link was merely for those curious showing what the wheel looked like, already had worked out the details withthem on back spacing and bolt pattern.

What my main concern is what type of fit I will get with 18's, what type of body clearance and if it will affect my ability to steer , mainly concerned with will 18's fit in the front fenders with out rubbing of any type, and what I should consider for tire size should I go 45 series 40, 35 ect and what the max width I can go front and rear without clearance issues.

Yours look great whats your sizing in the front

·
Registered
119 Posts
:thumbsup:yep the link was merely for those curious showing what the wheel looked like, already had worked out the details withthem on back spacing and bolt pattern.

What my main concern is what type of fit I will get with 18's, what type of body clearance and if it will affect my ability to steer , mainly concerned with will 18's fit in the front fenders with out rubbing of any type, and what I should consider for tire size should I go 45 series 40, 35 ect and what the max width I can go front and rear without clearance issues.

Yours look great whats your sizing in the front
Ok, glad to you worked out the bolt circle.

Mine are the same on all four, 255/45ZR18 which is approximatley 1/2" shorter than stock tires but much wider. I don't rub anywhere and after installing them I lowered the car without any rubbing, granted it's close but no rub.

I wouldn't go more than a 4" rear spacing. I measured the stock wheels and they have a 3 5/8" rear spacing so I knew a 4" would work, possibly a 4 1/2" as long as the tire sidewall doesn't roll over the edge of the wheel alot.

On the rear worst thing is you might have to relocated the emergency brake if you get too much rear spacing. If the wheels will be 9" wide just let the additional inch go out and keep the rear body height up enough so you don't bottom out. The front you may need to go a size smaller on the tire size.

The lower the profile (series) of the tire the wider you'll get and rubbing could occur. When I sold wheels and tires at Super Shops a long time ago we did test fits to determine what would work. I would do the same thing, order the wheels and then take them along with your car to a local tire shop and test fit a few sizes to see how they look and determine what will fit best.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts