Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's finally time to think about getting new tires. Right now I'm running the stock run flats but am looking for a possible non-run flat that is a good tires..soft ride, not noisy, etc. I don't do any competition driving..only freeway and city plus some mountain driving but not much. These run flats have about 26K which I understand is about normal.
A friend said to try the Toyo Proxes T1R RIB Blackwall Tubeless. He was happy with them.
If you have tried another tire please advise which ones and how you liked them.

Also if I stayed with the run flat....what do you think is the best one to get..performance and cost..:thumbsup:
Thanks for the assistance..:

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
I updated my 2004 verte with Yokohamas when I upgraded my wheels last year. The ride is much better and less harsh. However, you always run the flat tire risk.

I am also considering switching back to a run flat as I'm taking longer and longer trips, however would like to improve on the stock offering. I know the harder sidewalls are necessary, however I would like to see if anyone else had better luck with non stock runflats.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I have the Proxies also and I have no complaints with them at all.........

Cliff

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
Non-run flats: Goodyear GS-D3's
Run flats: Michelin, Or the GS-D3's are available as run-flats, but only in a few sizes.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts