Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for fattest sticky street tire I can find for my rears. What are peoples opinions of Pirelli 355/25/19's ?...I wish Nitto or Toyo made their sticky tires in these sizes. I know Nitto makes their Invo in 345/30/19 which looks BadAzz, but is not as sticky as their Nt-01's or 555RII's. Toyo RA-1's are sticky as well but no fat 19's. I know these manufacturers will have new offerings soon in 19's, but I don't know of any yet. Currently I run Michelin Pilot Sports 345/30/19's rear with 285/35/18's in the front and love their ride and have been fairly satisfied with their traction, but would like more to hold my 668rwhp/592rwtq. If were to replace them today, I would probably get the PS2's which are supposed to be an upgrade in ride quality, quietness, and traction. Any Suggestions or Findings will be Greatly Appreciated :cheers:

·
Registered
316 Posts
I am looking for fattest sticky street tire I can find for my rears. Any Suggestions or Findings will be Greatly Appreciated :cheers:
I run Michelin Pilot Sport "Cups" and have approx the same rwhp as you have. the Sport Cups are a bery sticky tire when you heat them up. They have an tread wear rating of 80.... I have been told that this is the stickiest street slick available bar none BUT the downside of this is that they only last for about 5-6000 miles and are NOT very good in the rain!

a

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I run Michelin Pilot Sport "Cups" and have approx the same rwhp as you have. the Sport Cups are a bery sticky tire when you heat them up. They have an tread wear rating of 80.... I have been told that this is the stickiest street slick available bar none BUT the downside of this is that they only last for about 5-6000 miles and are NOT very good in the rain!

a

No rain driving for me. When you say hot, do you mean driving around on summer day for 15 minutes or driving aggressively to put heat in the tires. OR do you mean burnouts :laughing:

·
Registered
316 Posts
No rain driving for me. When you say hot, do you mean driving around on summer day for 15 minutes or driving aggressively to put heat in the tires. OR do you mean burnouts :laughing:
hey,
I mean driving agressively to put heat in the tires works best but, even on a hot summer day these tires are very, very sticky.

check with your tire wholesaler - he should be able to confirm what i am saying.

a

·
Registered
477 Posts
AJMW----I've never seen the Michelin Pilot "Cups" in this size 345/30/19??
is this what you are running? where did you purchase them? thank you...:thumbsup:

We are running the 19x12 or bigger wheels, looks like you are running the 19x10 stockers, I don't think they make the "Cups" in our sizes just 285-295-possibly-305:huh:

·
Registered
316 Posts
AJMW----I've never seen the Michelin Pilot "Cups" in this size 345/30/19??
is this what you are running? where did you purchase them? thank you...:thumbsup:

We are running the 19x12 or bigger wheels, looks like you are running the 19x10 stockers, I don't think they make the "Cups" in our sizes just 285-295-possibly-305:huh:

this is an pic from last summer b/4 i had these stock rims widened to 19x12.0 and running a 305x30x19 inch sport cup. The pics u see is the stock rim with 19x10 rims and the original GY run flats. I dealt with Volvo tires in Rchmnd BC. I just bought some new '07 zo6 rims which i am widening to 13" - The boys at Volco have told me that i can get Sportc cups in the 335 or 345 width. I'm checking into this as we speak and i will let u know more when i do.

a

1 - 7 of 7 Posts