Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6,170 Posts
It depends what you're going to do with your vette. Track time, spirited driving, drive during winter, grocery getter, run-flats, ..., etc?

I maintain two sets of wheels/tires: Michelin Super Sports for winter-spring, Bridgestone Potenza RE-11 for summer. I might replace the stock wheels with the Michelin tires -- with C7 19"/20" wheels mounted with Michelin Pilot Alpin PA4 (designed for performance cars like a Corvette). I've experienced grip issues driving below 50F, which these should remedy.

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
39,480 Posts
I've been running the Goodyear GSD3s for a while now. Great dry traction and better than average wet handling

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It depends what you're going to do with your vette. Track time, spirited driving, drive during winter, grocery getter, run-flats, ..., etc?

I maintain two sets of wheels/tires: Michelin Super Sports for winter-spring, Bridgestone Potenza RE-11 for summer. I might replace the stock wheels with the Michelin tires -- with C7 19"/20" wheels mounted with Michelin Pilot Alpin PA4 (designed for performance cars like a Corvette). I've experienced grip issues driving below 50F, which these should remedy.
Thank you.I just bought a C6 Grand Sport 2013.
This was very helpful.

·
Registered
520 Posts
If I may hi-jack this thread a bit...
C6 2011 Z06
Never sees rain
Disappointed with the factory Goodyear Eagle F1 Supercar G2

Would ❤ to get a set up Michelin Super Sports or Sport Cup 2's
Cannot find them in my size. (275/35-18 325/30-19))
I do want run-flats
Don't care about "noise"
Don't care about life expectancy
Don't care about wet handeling
Not to sound pompous but, don't care about cost

Any recommendations for some summer only super sticky tires?

Thanks folks :)

While I am at it, just learned I can insert pictures directly...

·
Registered
6,170 Posts
IMO, If you want a tire that will truly give you the kind of performance your Z06 deserves, and will put a smile on your face, you'll have to abandon run-flats. I left behind run-flat tires after the GY Eagles that came from the factory wore out, and haven't looked back. I've never been stranded with an absolute flat tire in the over 70,000 miles I've driven my Corvette. Good luck! 🙂

·
Registered
520 Posts
What do you think about Michelin A/S ?
Howdy james2013vette:
Not sure if your question is to me or the site.
if it is for me, I would suggest you give a detailed description of what you are looking for in a tire, and then the members may have an idea of what to suggest.

Examples:
You are only going to drag race the car. Then rear slicks and front "skinnies" would be the recommended tire.
You drive year round in the rust belt. You would want some sort of All Season tire.
You drive year round in the rust belt and you are open to having 2 sets of tires. 1 for summer and 1 for winter.
etc...

Welcome to DC :)

and will put a smile on your face
LOL - Thank you KennyGS :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you for input.Joining this forum was a great thing.My fun cars have been 71,72 Chevelles,64 Chevy stepside,66 mustangs those type of cars.This is a different beast, i don’t want to slide around in a curve,ii want tires that will hold and grip until ii get out of the curve.From reading and listening Michelin A/S seems to be a good choice.Although I’m still reading,researching and listening.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts