Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,006 Posts
Hey 77B can I offer one suggestion before you go any further. Ditch the stock harmonic balancer and install an ATI super damper. Trust me it’s worth it in the long run. Motor will run smoother and it will out last the stock balancer. Have one on my LS2 and was the best mod that I have done to it. Just saying IMO. Had mine drilled and pinned just in case I wanted to do force induction somewhere down the road. It’s a big piece of mind that you won’t have to worry about the rubber between the hub and pulley giving up. I had two stock balancers go south on me. The rubber on both broke loose. The first let the pulley get a wobble the second the pulley walked forward. This especially true if you get on the car much at all. So that’s my rant I have no faith in the stock units at all.

·
Premium Member
1,006 Posts
Oh I bet you know how much! Look the first one went out when the car was 10 years old. Now I have to admit I drive the car hard at times especially when I’m down at deals gap NC. The second one lasted two years and let loose at deals gap. Was a long drive home nursing it all the way. This last trip no issues very pleased. Oh I’m 65 and everyone else in the group I run with are in their 30’s. I run right with them till we get out of the cars. Then the age comes into play. So play hard and live long know you’re limits you will be fine. Oh on a side note the pics of your roller are impressive you are doing a very good job. Looking forward to seeing it finished. If the body looks as half as good of the roller it will be stunning. I’m sure it will probably look as good as the roller or better.

·
Premium Member
1,006 Posts
You won’t be sorry, the motor will run smoother with the ATI than stock. Had mine drilled and pinned just in case I wanted forced air in the future. I paid $1100 for a shop to mine. Didn’t want to buy tools I was only use once. Plus everything I saw on the internet a lift made the job easier.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts