Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Banned
2,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Feeling kinda mellon colly now...... kkicking back with a nice glass 97 kenwood cab. Anyway's do you ever miss it?

·
Registered
0 Posts
Ha ha.. like every day, day in and day out..

I'm glad I had my turn but like all things, it had to end one day. I'll bet no matter when that day comes, 1 year or 50 years into it, for most it comes too soon.

It is a young man's job for the most. And there are more important things in life for sure. But damn it was fun.

Take pride in knowing you had your turn and did well.

A bother,
D

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
Here's my LEO story from yesterday. I was driving back from Halltech after getting the LS2 edit and Stinger and was feeling a bit racy on I 94 in Wisconsin. I kina blew by an unmarked cruiser a bit fast. He was in the center lane, I was in the left. Well the lights came on right after I passed him and then all of a sudden the lights turned off. As I slowed he kinda smiled and gave the tisk tisk with his finger and then motioned me to get behind him. Well, I followed him all the way to the IL border and he waved goodbye.

Just saying thanks!

I really respect you guys. Oh, and encyclopedia salesmen too. :D

·
DC Crew
5,554 Posts
red see 6 said:
As I slowed he kinda smiled and gave the tisk tisk with his finger and then motioned me to get behind him. Well, I followed him all the way to the IL border and he waved goodbye.

Just saying thanks!

I really respect you guys. Oh, and encyclopedia salesmen too. :D
Lucky!!!... Yeah I am gonna have to wait a FEW years til I can cruise alittle faster... Too many stupids teenagers ruined it for the safe drive(soon to be safe) drivers like me
:down: I respect and thank all of you guys... You keep America's streets clean for the rest of us:cheers:

·
Banned
2,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
corvetteC6-9 said:
I respect and thank all of you guys... You keep America's streets clean for the rest of us:cheers:
Well i did my part......I personally cleaned about 150 ft of HWY. 101 with my uniform.:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

·
Registered
3,178 Posts
My roommate is a LEO...his best friend (also a LEO) was shot and killed last night by a POS that he pulled over for a speeding violation. The officer was 25 years old (just a kid) and leaves behind a wife and two young children.

Guess what the POS did after he murdered the LEO...he ran into a post office and blew his brains out....well, what little he had.

My son want to be a law enforcement officer...to that I say... OVER MY DEAD BODY! No way!!!!

·
Grey Squirrel
22,780 Posts
Sweet04Angel said:
My roommate is a LEO...his best friend (also a LEO) was shot and killed last night by a POS that he pulled over for a speeding violation. The officer was 25 years old (just a kid) and leaves behind a wife and two young children.

Francis Ortega RIP
:(

·
Registered
3,178 Posts
poncherello said:
Come on...this is me you're talking about :partyon:
I don't get it....how did you know? :huh:

The last I heard, was there was some question about whether the fatal GSW was self inflicted or compliments of one of the S.W.A.T. guys. Either way, the bastich got what he deserved...shhh, did you hear that? I think the doors to hell just slammed shut.

·
Registered
5,210 Posts
Sweet04Angel said:
:surprised :( :( :(

I'd love to be a cop or even better, a S.W.A.T member. I wanted to go into the Marines, and I've wanted to be a cop for a while... maybe someday... :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,178 Posts
Derek88 said:
:surprised :( :( :(

I'd love to be a cop or even better, a S.W.A.T member. I wanted to go into the Marines, and I've wanted to be a cop for a while... maybe someday... :thumbsup:
Very honorable. Good luck.

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
Sweet04Angel said:
How did you know about it?
It's amazing what you can find out selling encylopedias. :D

My heart goes out to the family of Francis Ortega as well. RIP.

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
39,439 Posts
08/12: Racine man murders Georgia cop

By Associated Press

PINE LAKE, Ga. — A Racine man killed a Georgia police officer during a traffic stop and then killed himself inside a post office after being involved in a standoff with police.
Cedric O’Neal Gordon, 31, was holding Pine Lake Officer Francis Ortega hostage at about 4:40 p.m. Thursday when he shot him at point-blank range. Pine Lake is located about 10 miles east of Atlanta.
Gunfire was exchanged between the shooter and another officer before Gordon fled into the post office and it was surrounded by a SWAT team.
Gordon later was found dead inside of what appeared to be a self-inflicted gunshot wound, according to the U.S. Postal Inspection Service and the DeKalb County police chief.

While Georgia authorities continued to investigate Friday a motive for the shooting, a Racine police spokesman said Gordon had a criminal record for violent offenses and had been involved in a standoff before.
On March 27, 1999, Gordon barricaded himself inside a Racine house in the 900 block of Chicago Street after police responded to a report of shots being fired outside a nearby residence. A SWAT team was called in and negotiators managed to get him to come out safely, said Sgt. William Macemon of the Racine Police Department.
“We’ve had many contacts with him over the years,” Macemon said.
In 1991, Gordon was sentenced to 10 years in prison followed by two years probation for convictions for armed robbery and battery in Racine County, said John Dipko, spokesman for the Wisconsin Department of Corrections.
He was released on a supervised basis in 1998, but that was revoked the following year because he was charged with possession of a firearm by a felon and recklessly endangering public safety in connection with the Racine standoff incident, officials said.
Afterward, Gordon was ordered to serve the more than three years that remained on his prior sentence, Dipko said. He also was sentenced on the new offenses to seven years in prison followed by three years on probation.
Gordon was released again on a supervised basis on Nov. 18, 2003. On March 30, 2005, a warrant was issued for him after he failed to report to his community supervision agent, Dipko said, adding that officials were still searching for Gordon at the time of Thursday’s shooting.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts