Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have 2004 box stock (except for my Hurst shifter - which I Love) and while I would to pop for a MagnaCharger, just ain't in the cards.:(

Sooo, thinkin' about ye olde HillBilley NOS - ye ha!!:partyon: I need some recommendations on a what a safe installation might look like, how much it would cost, what other mods make sense along with the Juice, etc. and who in the Toledo, Ohio are might might able to "do the deed" for me.

I drive this puppy basically on weekends in the Spring and Summer (have a little less than 11g's on the odometer now).

·
Registered
326 Posts
I don't spray either, but I know two things are certain: 1. don't go with a cheap setup or you WILL be buying new engine and 2. it can be a very expensive habit.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I'm spraying a baby shot on my Z. Here's a few rules.

1. Buy a good kit. (I'm running an NX wet system).

2. Make sure you get all the supporting mods, i.e. window switch, WOT switch, new spark plugs, bottle heater, purge ect. Note, you may or may not need a new fuel pump. You could also do with out the heater and purge.

3. Have the install done by someone who know's what they are doing.

4. Most Importantly, get a good tune! It's all in the tune! A bad tune could kill your motor in a hurry.

I hope this helps you out a little. If you have anymore questions, shoot me a PM and I will give you more details on my set up.

Tony

·
Registered
5 Posts
I agree with the above. Don't skimp on the kit Nitrous Outlet has great set ups. Make sure to get a window switch, fuel pressure safety switch, bottle warmer and if possible a nitrous gage for inside the cockpit. The little Dyno Tune one is easy to hide. By. Here is a little example of my install and I have been very happy. I am running a 100 wet shot through a Nitro Dave plate with a very conservative tune. She is well into the 500/500 rwhp/rwtq range on the bottle and well into the 400/400 range off.

The flash sure makes the car look dirty.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts