Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
DC Crew
53,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To those why missed the Corvette episode...

VEHICLE SPECS

Engine: 454 Chevy big block
Pistons: Chevy stock (eight)
Camshaft: Edelbrock Performer from Jeg's
Heads: Chevy stock
Induction: Edelbrock Performer carburetor/intake manifold from Jeg's
Ignition: HEI
Exhaust: Hooker flanges, zoomie headers by Jesse (chromed)
Cooling: stock

Transmission: 400 turbo
Converter: 2,200 rpm stall
Drive Shaft: custom fabricated with chain drive and jack shaft to front axle (four-wheel drive)
Rear Axle: Ford 9-inch
Front Axle: 1984 Toyota 4Runner front end purchased from junkyard

Steering: original Corvette steering box turned 90 degrees to link up with Toyota front end
Front Suspension: racing air shocks from King Shocks, custom-fabricated linkage
Rear Suspension: racing air shocks from King Shocks, custom-fabricated four-link with panhard bar
Front Brakes: stock Toyota
Rear Brakes: none

Front Tires: Mickey Thompson Baja Claw 33x13.50-15LT
Rear Tires: Mickey Thompson Baja Claw 35x15.50-15LT
Wheels: Mickey Thompson Challenger 15x10

Interior: The bulk of the original interior was removed.
* A custom-fabricated roll cage was installed.
* Stock seats were replaced with Cobra racing seats from Subé Sports.
* A nitrous tank from Nitrous Express was mounted in the storage space.

Electronics: Nitrous was wired to the horn; a nitrous purge was mounted on a Maltese-cross template under the dash.

Body: The original Corvette fiberglass body was only slightly modified; the hood was removed.
Paint: House of Kolor white-sealer base coat, then a blend of 12 different colors created with true-blue pearl, magic-blue pearl and snow-white pearl.

Height: 52 inches
Width: 69 inches
Length: 185 inches
Ground Clearance: 8 inches
Weight: 3,000 pounds

MONSTER SPECS

Moving Parts: Includes custom front and rear drive shafts.
Special Welds: Sprockets for chain drive were welded to output shaft and front-drive shaft.
Additional Acquired or Machined Parts: Includes a 5-gallon aluminum fuel cell from Jeg's.
Body Modifications: Wheel wells were slightly enlarged to accommodate tires.
Biggest Challenge: Creating a four-wheel-drive chassis that is as light as possible, yet strong enough to take a beating.

·
Registered
Black 08, A&A TI supercharger. Kooks headers. CCW wheels. Much more
12,668 Posts
ya of coarse i missed it,one of the very few i missed.i will have to check the discovery channel web site for the re-run.so busy at work lately.thanks for the pics.later,Todd.

·
Registered
795 Posts
i didnt miss it :)

it was sweet not like the pic i posted where they swapped the body on to a blazer they turned the VETTE into a 4x4 :) But jessy almost blew the whole job which is a RARE thing as well Loved that paint job... and after he beat them all he smiled and said " I KNOW everyone of these guys would trade my for this " :) I WOULD take my bronco PLEASE :laughing: Ok follow up my brother sitting here he said (now he doesnt own a vette haha) Ok he said he has driven them (mine). "I hate how jessy always wins all the time I know there was something there that would have taken it" I said "NO ITS A VETTE we are gonna take over the WORLD"

·
DC Crew
53,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: i didnt miss it :)

It's amazing, we've heard about Corvette folks being "pissed" about this episode because they cut up that car.

Personally, I could care less if they did it to a '53 Vette....

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
25 Posts
people who do this to a vette need a:nuts: :finger: :finger: :finger: :finger: :finger: then shot :spanked: :down: :down: :down: then hung!!!!!Then need to be ran over by their own creation. Then gather up all the pieces of the vette given a proper funeral :whip: :whip:

·
DC Crew
53,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
jr7221 said:
people who do this to a vette need a:nuts: :finger: :finger: :finger: :finger: :finger: then shot :spanked: :down: :down: :down: then hung!!!!!Then need to be ran over by their own creation. Then gather up all the pieces of the vette given a proper funeral :whip: :whip:
Haven't they made like.... 1.4 million Corvettes? And, I've seen more radical customizations than that!

·
Registered
3,634 Posts
Corvettes are made to drive and enjoy. That isn't what I'd do to mine, but then again I don't have to live with it either.

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
Re: Re: i didnt miss it :)

Patrick96LT4 said:

Personally, I could care less if they did it to a '53 Vette....

:thumbsup:
You really need to stop saying that. I dont care if they choped up 20 C3's But a 53 , thats just sickning. I say chop up 1000 Grand Sports. Boom all gone. :laughing:

·
DC Crew
53,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Re: Re: Re: i didnt miss it :)

Loggins1 said:
You really need to stop saying that. I dont care if they choped up 20 C3's But a 53 , thats just sickning. I say chop up 1000 Grand Sports. Boom all gone. :laughing:
:thumbsup: Just leave mine, so it'd be worth a million dollars!:cheers:

·
Registered
990 Posts
and mine............1/2 million:laughing:

·
Registered
795 Posts
i would love to have it

just think well here anyways when everyone else is putting away their vettes for the year, and go into hibernation. You could stile drive a vette :) A summer and a winter vette . and Im sure the snow plows would dig it :partyon:

·
Premium Member
11,627 Posts
That was a good show, about the only one I've caught lately.

·
Registered
795 Posts
lol

Id pay that guy to come plow my driveway oh hell yeah :laughing:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts