Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
El Teafive
10,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

These are both Toledo Pro hoods, from 2006-2007, I thought I heard they changed the design, is it any different then these?

looking at this picture, Same black car as above, the hood looks different then Raids ( red car)

Not sure I want a TP hood, found this one too

I really like this one a guy did on CF:

HE started with this I believe

So Raid, you wanna make me one like the WHITE car?

:thumbsup:

·
DC Crew
32,974 Posts
The white one was my first thought before I bought mine. Just pick up a cowl scoop you like and ship it to me, I'll put in on the 86 hood I have and then you can figure out how to get it.:laughing:

·
DC Crew
32,974 Posts
It really is a perspective thing. Both from the front look the same but otherwise his looks taller than mine. Must be the color differences on the cars.

·
Registered
515 Posts
It really is a perspective thing. Both from the front look the same but otherwise his looks taller than mine. Must be the color differences on the cars.

:agree::agree: You can see the lines better on Greg's car because of the darker color. Other than that they look identical.

·
I'm related so I get a title.
212 Posts
I see what you mean. Must be the color or angle of the picture at first glance the black reminds me of a trans am and still does. Again it must be the angle and color. Either that or I need to put my glasses on, again...:rolling:

·
El Teafive
10,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The white looks good but is missing the crease down the center like the others.
Yeah I noticed that too, but I like the lines/ curvature of it

So do I stay OEM or do something different. I wish I knew of a guy withe the Toledo pro hood that was local that i could see in person

Hey Raid.. if you see this can I get a pic of looking out the windshield? I wanna see how much that cowl sticks up

·
Registered
911 Posts
For me, you've got to have that crease- really makes it look finished. I think just the cowl height will be enough to set it apart from the crowd. I don't know what direction you're looking to go with your car, but the TP hood is a little flash for me.

Anything that's different is better than blending in though:thumbsup:

·
DC Crew
32,974 Posts
Yeah I noticed that too, but I like the lines/ curvature of it

So do I stay OEM or do something different. I wish I knew of a guy withe the Toledo pro hood that was local that i could see in person

Hey Raid.. if you see this can I get a pic of looking out the windshield? I wanna see how much that cowl sticks up
I'll get one tonight. I thought I had one on here but couldn't find it.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts