Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my 04 Z06...and im getting ready to order B&B bulletts and long tubes. i think im going to run without cats and get the tune and all that. But i was wondering....that isnt much of a muffler....is this thing going to be too loud? keep in mind that i do like my cars to be loud. but i am starting ot wonder if it is going to be rediculously annoying loud.

·
DC Crew
53,226 Posts
I have that combo. (headers, no cats, xpipe + bullets)

First, the sound is outrageously badass. I know of no better sounding C5 combo.

As for the volume, it's oddly quiet in the car, no resonance, you can talk on the cell at 80 mph... but when you stand on it it's pure fury and excess. Everyone within 500 feet of your car will be unable to hear anything but you. They are at your mercy.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thats amazing....sounds absolutely bad ass....i watched your clip and i loved it.....i actually saved it on my computer so i can listen to it over and over again...haha....hopefully soon ill be able to hear it every day in real life....but as for now the stock exhaust sounds good....its just so quiet...it annoys me...give me like a month....then it will sound wicked

·
Registered
66 Posts
I have the same set up as patrick. . . and it's pure bliss! There's few things on the road that sound as menacing! Be careful though because every cop within a 1/4 mile distance will hear you!!! (I know this from experience:D )

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
I'm almost there... I'll end up putting LT's on and then decide if the Bullets stay on or the TI's go back on....:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
I have the same set up as patrick. . . and it's pure bliss! There's few things on the road that sound as menacing! Be careful though because every cop within a 1/4 mile distance will hear you!!! (I know this from experience:D )
Thats my biggest problem - I want to lay into it on occasion and not get the wrong attention - i.e. law enforcement. :down:

·
Registered
106 Posts
Just Right

I also have the same set up as Patrick and it is bar far the best sounding exhaust!

I thought it was going to be too loud for my vert, but all you have to do is control your right foot. :laughing:

I tried the cats, thinking it was going to be too loud and I lost a LOT of throttle response. So out came the cats and all the power was back with no noticable increase in sound.

:thumbsup:

·
Only green will do...
18,401 Posts
Is there anyway you guys can post so we can hear it really would appreciate it not an owner yet thanks ::devil:

·
Registered
133 Posts
Loud Indy Cars

I got my 04 Z06...and im getting ready to order B&B bulletts and long tubes. i think im going to run without cats and get the tune and all that. But i was wondering....that isnt much of a muffler....is this thing going to be too loud? keep in mind that i do like my cars to be loud. but i am starting ot wonder if it is going to be rediculously annoying loud.
I grew up in Indy during the late 50s, back then even the family car had Glasspacks. Since you like loud, why not run cut outs just under the side windows, that way you can really immerse yourself.:rolling:
V8GRA:buhbye:

·
Only green will do...
18,401 Posts
Wow that sounds awesome thanks i like what i hear:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

·
Banned
622 Posts
Just curious how you get around emmisions test without cats. I am very close to buying a set of lg's myself, But where I live I have to take emision test every 2 years, and after the car is 10 years old they put it on the dyno to test it. Also why did you chose the street series over the pro,s ? :cheers:

·
Registered
106 Posts
Just curious how you get around emmisions test without cats. I am very close to buying a set of lg's myself, But where I live I have to take emision test every 2 years, and after the car is 10 years old they put it on the dyno to test it. Also why did you chose the street series over the pro,s ? :cheers:
Patch,

The price had alot to do with it. Back in December LG was running a special, Street Series Headers, High Flow Cats, X-Pipe, to my door was $1,075.00 and LG paid for the shipping! :thud:

Couldn't pass that deal up!

TG

1 - 18 of 18 Posts