Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:partyon: Finally found a dealership that wanted to sell me a car and didn't want to mess around and play games. Bought it at Kevin Whitaker Chevrolet in Greenville, SC (5 hour drive for me- well worth the drive to get away from dealerships associated with Hendrick Auto Group in the Triangle area of NC!! -Detailed post on why not to buy from Hendrick to follow) Dealership is about 1mile from the Greenville Downtown Airport so if anyone is interested- give them a call.

I called Chevrolet marketing yesterday and they helped me locate vehicles that matched my needs, I called Mark B. (dealership internet sales manager) yesterday at around 6PM, pretty much bought the car over the phone and internet for an outstanding value, and went down and picked it up today. Everything was as described to me and there were no games or gimmicks. Even the finance guy was great-Didn't even try to sell me anything extra- just gave me my loan rates, asked me how much, and he did the rest.

I have put 250 miles on it today and like it much better than my '07. Hard to compare differences accurately though b/c this is a 3LT w/ Z51 and NPP and that was a base 1LT.

(PS- have no connection to dealership other than that I bought a car from them today and I am very happy with the way I was treated and how they do business.) They also have an awesome showroom full of muscle cars and corvettes from the 60s (all original 427 drop-top!) and 70s and a few from the 80s- spent a lot of time just looking at the cars.

Have pics but need to figure out how to post them...

A

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
4,479 Posts
congrats on the new car:excited:

ill be waiting for pictures:devil:

·
Premium Member
7,092 Posts
Beautiful C6! :thumbsup:

Congrats! :cheers:

·
Banned
118 Posts
Hendrick is TERRIBLE. What a joke they are. I came from Sacramento to get away from all of those cut those dealers. Worst are to buy in the country. Hendrick is second worst. I use forum dealers and get exactly what I want.
Congrats on the car.

·
Registered
179 Posts
sweet car man ill be joining you soon, what did you end up paying as thats exactlly what i want!!!Thanx in advance

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
sweet car man ill be joining you soon, what did you end up paying as thats exactlly what i want!!!Thanx in advance
I can't say what I paid but Mark B. at Kevin Whitaker Chevrolet gave me a more than fair price with zero haggling...

A

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I didn't think I would like having the dual roof option but I put the glass one on last night and it is pretty cool. It doesn't look cheap like a thought it would.

BTW, this thing is a rocket ship...assdyno says way more than 36Hp (compared to my '07, 4th gear almost feels like 3rd...might be the different rearend gearing since my '07 didn't have Z51 but still this one is also heavier and I haven't even taken it past 4k RPM yet)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Beautiful!! I Ordered Same With Cashmere Last Week!
They're Telling Me Late October. Can Hardly Wait.

·
Registered
565 Posts
:partyon: Finally found a dealership that wanted to sell me a car and didn't want to mess around and play games. Bought it at Kevin Whitaker Chevrolet in Greenville, SC (5 hour drive for me- well worth the drive to get away from dealerships associated with Hendrick Auto Group in the Triangle area of NC!! -Detailed post on why not to buy from Hendrick to follow) Dealership is about 1mile from the Greenville Downtown Airport so if anyone is interested- give them a call.

I called Chevrolet marketing yesterday and they helped me locate vehicles that matched my needs, I called Mark B. (dealership internet sales manager) yesterday at around 6PM, pretty much bought the car over the phone and internet for an outstanding value, and went down and picked it up today. Everything was as described to me and there were no games or gimmicks. Even the finance guy was great-Didn't even try to sell me anything extra- just gave me my loan rates, asked me how much, and he did the rest.

I have put 250 miles on it today and like it much better than my '07. Hard to compare differences accurately though b/c this is a 3LT w/ Z51 and NPP and that was a base 1LT.

(PS- have no connection to dealership other than that I bought a car from them today and I am very happy with the way I was treated and how they do business.) They also have an awesome showroom full of muscle cars and corvettes from the 60s (all original 427 drop-top!) and 70s and a few from the 80s- spent a lot of time just looking at the cars.

Have pics but need to figure out how to post them...

A
Congrats! That's how I bought mine, too. They had what I wanted--exactly, talked to internet manager, gave 4 large deposit on credit card, picked it up the next day--even told them the rate I would pay on financing and see if you could beat it. They did, to my surprise! Black is the only color for a Corvette. All others are just a fancy primer waiting for the repaint! Have fun, obey all traffic laws that seem reasonable to you. ;)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts