Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to the dyno today to get a baseline on my C6. The dyno is a Dyno Dynamics machine and reads lower than the Dynojets. The first 2 sheets are WHP. The last sheet shows approximate flywheel HP. It generally reads 5~10 HP low. So it's making the power it's supposed to....

·
Registered
16,300 Posts
Hard to compare because of the dyno used. The important thing to remember is dyno should be used for tuning. If I dyno my car in the Winter it reads much higher than the dyno pulls in the summer. Our computer adjust for atmospheric conditions.

Record the temp and humidity of these runs and use them for a basis to tune/mod your car.

:cheers:

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hard to compare because of the dyno used. The important thing to remember is dyno should be used for tuning. If I dyno my car in the Winter it reads much higher than the dyno pulls in the summer. Our computer adjust for atmospheric conditions.

Record the temp and humidity of these runs and use them for a basis to tune/mod your car.

:cheers:
The idea was to get a baseline so any future mods can be accurately judged for their efficacy. The Dyno4mance owner is a very good tuner and the dyno stores all the data from previous runs. The dyno is also compensated for temperature, humidity, etc. so that subsequent runs are actually accurate enough to make comparisons. Basically, the Dyno Dynamics machine reads around 10%~15% lower than most Dynojets. It's not useful for WHP contests but it's a great tool for tuning. BTW, the owner told me that he's aware of a software package that allows direct tuning of the ECU. He said they obtained very impressive results from a Camaro. Although that had lots of exhaust and intake mods, he thought that they could gain 30 or more WHP in my stock car :D

This is one shop I trust because they've done work on both of my EVOs before and they did a very good job...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts