Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I got my car back today. Everything seemed fine till I got home and started looking over my car. First thing I noticed was the extra 50 miles on the car above what it had when I left it with the dealer. I don't know what they needed to do 50 miles worth of test drives for. At this point I called and left a message for the service manager.

So I open the hood. They took my K&N out and put the OEM air intake back on, which I made a special trip to provide them with all the original items that were not still on the car. First thing I notice there is there is a screw in it where one of the plastic pieces go through the top of the core support. Not the little plastic deal that is supposed to go there. To top it off they did it to only one, so it looks like crap.

Next I start looking it over, thinking about putting the K&N back on. I never had a problem with it, the dealer is the one that "said" that it set the SES light off. I look at the MAF and they put anti-tamper screws in it. Not the torquex screws these have a ridge in the middle so that you can't get to the teeth to take them out.

By this point I am fuming. I didn't know that the dealer was in charge of what I can and can't do to my car. I thought I paid for it, not the mechanic, who special ordered the screws according to the sheet I got at check out. It also says "After MRK Duct and POS K&N Syndrome". Now I am not sure but I can't come up with anything other than "piece of sh!t" for POS and I am thinking that K&N may not be real happy to hear that. Also considering that the dealer is an Authorize K&N dealer as well.

Also the tire that I took it in for, it is going flat. Lost 1 lbs on the way home and 2 more sitting in the garage.

Tomorrow I guess I get to talk with the service manager at the dealership and GM.

I am so pissed. I have bought two brand new Corvettes since November 2005 an '06 Z51 and an '07 Z06 from this dealership. Not to mention the '07 Trailblazer that my parents just got from them. I guess that just isn't enough. I would think I might be one of their better customers. Strange way to show it. Well, we will see what GM has to say.

·
Registered
980 Posts
:WTF

Sounds like a Big Brother dealership.

I can't even imagine how pissed off you are. The anti-tamper screws would get to me...but the extra 50 miles on the odo would push me over the edge!

Time to take action.

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
39,513 Posts
And the plot thickens. We'll all be interested in what the service manager says. On the tamper proof screws, you can get the bit for those for a couple of bucks but they shouldn't have put them on in the first place

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh, Oh, I forgot. The paper work shows that the car came out with the same mileage it went in with. And it says they test drove it?!?! Got a picture of the OD after I got home. Went in with 10619 got home with 10671 and it is about 10 miles from the dealership to my house. So I guess that works out to more like 40, but still.

·
Registered
241 Posts
i was pissed at the shop that did my a/c for getting some grass on my car! i dont know what i would do if they drove it 40 miles

·
Registered
298 Posts
Dealing with BAD dealers !!!!

:spanked: :spanked: :spanked: Good luck! I took in a 04 Vert for oil change and rattle. When I picked it up I got a run around,they could not find it. I went into the back lot and there it was sitting with the top down and 2 inches of rain water inside. I raised so much HELL they called the cops on me. I wanted some ones ass. The machanic or some brass pole took it for a 20 mile ride left their lunch trash inside and left the car open . I still get angry ,I had to sell the car . Keep your cool and don't let them get off easy. By the way the cops were cool, they took my side and they made them promise to fire whoever ruined my car.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
:spanked: :spanked: :spanked: Good luck! I took in a 04 Vert for oil change and rattle. When I picked it up I got a run around,they could not find it. I went into the back lot and there it was sitting with the top down and 2 inches of rain water inside. I raised so much HELL they called the cops on me. I wanted some ones ass. The machanic or some brass pole took it for a 20 mile ride left their lunch trash inside and left the car open . I still get angry ,I had to sell the car . Keep your cool and don't let them get off easy. By the way the cops were cool, they took my side and they made them promise to fire whoever ruined my car.

That is exactly why I don't carry a firearm. My head would explode if I saw that. I don't even want to know what they did to my car to put 40 miles on it. I and they are better off with me not knowing.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Needless to say I still stay away from dealer service centers. I did get good service at a Caddy dealer in NOLA that took care of my TAHOE paint problem. Bought my 07 from KERBECKS in NJ had it shipped no problems, looked for 2 days could not find any thing bad, best car experience yet. I go to local small shops and never let the car out of my site, I'm very anal about my vette. take care and don't lose your cool.:agree: :agree:

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So I took the car back this morning. Got the same seafoam green HHR as a rental by the way. When I was airing up my tire I noticed one nice ding in the edge of the rim and one solid stratch in the edge about a half an inch long. That wheel had one nick in it on the inside between the spokes and now it is all marked up. Couldn't see much of the rest of the edge because it has all that crap they put on it to get the tire to seat all over it. They also argued that the tire was up for an entire day. It lost 2 lbs on the way home. Don't think they even checked it.

As for the bolt in the core support they told me it "may" have been that the part wasn't available and that it "may" have broke while they were switching the air cleaners out. That is weak!!

The new anti-tamper screws, they said that they are the new torquex screws. I asked why they needed new screws when I provided them with the old ones. They just kept saying they were the new ones and they just put them on. I told them that it looked to me as if their guys are making a statement as to what they will allow me to do with MY car. He said it definately wasn't that. I don't buy it. Said it was his shop foreman that did the work. That makes me feel SO MUCH BETTER.

The 40 miles and better part of half a tank of gas? They needed to test drive it and they took their standard route. "There was some idleing time in there". Damn they must have let it idle for what like 4 hours?!?!

This is all from the service rep. I am waiting for a call back from the service manager.

·
Caution: Car melts in Rain
4,151 Posts
id call gm, this is not how the owner of GMs flag ship should be treated, im really sorry this is happening to you. When i went to my dealer earlier this week (bitting my nails mind you) i was impressed to see a manager type figure drive my car to the back rather than a teenage porter, they did mess with my tire pressures but i can over look this, seeing as they put plastic on the seat and floor. i was also glad not to find any damage.

Its kinda sad, here we are paying a ton of money for our cars and we have to check over our dealers to make sure they dont mess them up, thankful the the cars come out in the same condition they entered. when was it that chevy stopped caring?

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Well it has been 4 hours and no call from the service manager. So right now I am on the line with GM. They are transfering me to someone who can help me resolve the issue. To this point the lady I am talking to has been very helpful. I will post more as I have it.

I forgot. The Chevy customer service seems much more concerned that a multiple Corvette owner is having an issue than the dealership that sold me both of them. Maybe Chevy is trying to turn things around, just need to work on the dealers a little harder.

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Here is one for you. Took my car in for a simple repair leave gun in the lock glove box come back and have cops there to ask Why is there a gun in your car. MY question was why was some one in my glove box. And yes I have CHL. after that I ask the nice officer to stick around. trust me you can say the dealership I took it to has New I deal about breaking and entering laws in cars.
OHH by the way if you have Chl and you do carry one here is a good ideal I have done this for years make sure if you leave it in golve box the key that fits is different from the stock one.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well just got off the phone with Chevy. She called the dealership. The Service Manager said he had no idea that this all was going on. He said it would be resolved today. I told the lady from Chevy that I left a message for the Service Manager lastnight and requested that he call me from my service rep as soon as he got in today.

She said he didn't mention it, but that he would take care of it. She gave me her number and said she would follow up with me on Saturday and if I had any concerns to call her.

So far Chevy Corp seems to care and seems to want to make it right. We will see if they can light a fire under the dealership to fix it. I can't wait to see what they try with the wheel they messed up.:lookinup:

·
Registered
62 Posts
Considering the rest of the crap they have pulled, they will probably just wait till another z06 comes in to get serviced, swap wheels with yours, and hope to god the other owner doesnt notice. You need to keep putting out the name of this dealership so other people dont get into the same problem you are having. Hope this all gets resolved soon, I know you are beyond pissed.

·
Registered
80 Posts
If you want an intro to another dealership, I work for 3 chevy stores here in Phoenix and will put you in touch with the GM of the store if you have a mind to go somewhere else.

Sorry for the hassle. I had problems getting a bad clutch fixed on my 01 a couple years back. 4 trips to Brown and Brown = headache and zero problems fixed. Thorobred corrected the clutch and did some other minor warranty stuff for me with zero drama.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well it all got resolved. I guess there a was nice ass reaming at the dealer this afternoon after GM called. I had an hour long talk with the Service Manager about the issues I had. We discussed each item in detail. Basically it comes down to a couple of tech's cutting corners and the dealer not communicating with me about what is happening. Basically laziness. Promisses were made and if those are kept I have no further problem.

They buffed the marks out of the wheel, I looked them over and am happy with the result. That wheel is actually really shiny now, compair to the dull shine it had new.

They got the clip for the air filter and they gave me the wrench for the screws that they replaced on the MAF.

I have looked it over and all is fixed and back to where it should be. It shouldn't have taken what it took to get it there. I will see if I find anything else new in the next few days. But as of now I am satified that things are fixed.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts