Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Shopping for replacement halogen headlight bulbs can be confusing, with a plethora of options available. We break it all down for you here.

Shopping for replacement halogen headlight bulbs can be confusing, with a plethora of options available not just online, but at your local auto parts store. Before you decide which brand and model bulb you want to purchase, you’ll need to know what type of bulb your car needs. From there, you can narrow down the options available for your vehicle.

Do you have more to add to this Top 5 list?
Read more about the Top 5 Best Halogen Headlight Bulbs at AutoGuide.com.

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
39,440 Posts
Good read

·
Premium Member
4,668 Posts
I think they missed one. I've been running the 9011 bulbs in place of the 9005's and the 9012 bulbs instead of the 9006's. These are HIR bulbs (Halogen Infrared Reflecting) and put out a lot more light than the standard bulbs. I had a 100 watt high beam stock bulb on one side of my car and a 65 watt HIR on the other side. The HIR bulb did at least as well as the 100 watt and lasts longer. I run my light every night for about 6 hours and dodge a lot of deer here in east side of KY. Although the bases are not identical they are easily modified with most any cutting tool. Takes about 1 minute with a small pair of diagonal cutting pliers.

·
Registered
1 Posts
It is a very informative post. I am happy to see Sylvania brand in the article, though it is at number 2. I am a big fan of this brand. I am using the headlights of Sylvaia when I replace my car headlights for the second time. But you have only told about Sylvaia SilverStar Ultra rather than telling any particular one. You know what, now I am using H7 SilverStar Ultra and it is okay. Do you have used it before?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts