Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Can anyone with this experience tell me what to expect from the dealer? Factory inspections? How long to get parts? Paint problems? Total time? Dealer BS?
Thanks

·
Registered
16,300 Posts
Expect a new roof:huh:

·
Registered
311 Posts
Expect (and get) nothing less than a new roof. Don't go for their initial glue job fix.

·
Registered
3,584 Posts
Ouch:thud:
They might need to color match:lookinup:

·
Registered
311 Posts
Can anyone with this experience tell me what to expect from the dealer? Depends on the dealer....all are different. If you have a good relationship with owner, they'll fast track it.

Factory inspections? No.

How long to get parts? Took about 6 weeks.

Paint problems? Yes...make sure they get it right!

Total time? Couple months.

Dealer BS? See point one above.
Thanks
Dealers are now very familiar with this problem - time frame may be shorter now.

·
Registered
265 Posts
I got 2 new roofs on my C6 coupe. It was painless, and they did a good job. It ain't brain surgery.:smack

·
DC Crew
2,988 Posts
My roof blew off Sunday, took the top into the dealership yesterday so they could do their inspection to verify the damage and verify the mileage on the car (warranty), they then ordered a new one, it came in TODAY! They just have to paint it. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
16,252 Posts
How does something like that happen?? Is that a user malfunction?? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
623 Posts
How does something like that happen?? Is that a user malfunction?? :rolleyes:
When mine blew off, it was definitely my fault. I put the roof on when I got to work, but didn't latch it. when I left work, I forgot about that, and the next thing I know......WHOOSH, and it's gone...

·
DC Crew
2,988 Posts

·
Registered
584 Posts
Had the glue fix done on my 2006 Z06 last year under the recall, so far so good. I know of another Z06 that was glued under the recall that blew off after the fix at VIR HPDE in July.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Took mine in for the recall, they ordered a new top. One month went by and I stopped back and was told that someone else lost their top so they gave them mine.
The top blew off two weeks later, as we were going to the gym. We left the car at the dealership and a week later it was done. No problem with the VY color match.

We kept the old roof panel and plan on using it at car shows.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Took mine in on a wednesday. They saw it was pulling apart and ordered me a new one--overnight delivery, and this is not the dealer I bought it from. They got it friday, painted it monday, dropped the car off tuesday and picked it up that afternoon. Excellent color match--black with no fading is easy to match. Very satisfied with the dealer--still pissed off at GM for their cost cutting bs that costs us time and aggravation. :nuts: They should do something to make it up to us, like a Corvette leather jacket...:D

·
Registered
55 Posts
Top delaminated over the weekend. Visited the dealer on Monday. They didn't even try to pursue the glue fix, just ordered a new roof and said they'd call when it was in and painted. 9 days later I got the call saying it was ready for pickup. Excellent color match, clearly a sturdier roof. I'm happy with the dealer and love the stronger roof.

·
Premium Member
13,918 Posts
They did the "Glue" fix on my 05 C6 per the recall. Do you think it's safe? I always latch it correctly but this thread has me worried.:lookinup:

What speed did it come off at? My car will be out of warranty in March of 08 I'd like to know what to look for so this can be replaced before then, if it needs it?:huh:

:cheers:

·
DC Crew
2,988 Posts
They did the "Glue" fix on my 05 C6 per the recall. Do you think it's safe? I always latch it correctly but this thread has me worried.:lookinup:

What speed did it come off at? My car will be out of warranty in March of 08 I'd like to know what to look for so this can be replaced before then, if it needs it?:huh:

:cheers:
I would not trust that fix, same issue will surface. Bust the corners loose, go in and they will replace it with the new roof. :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts