Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

Top Gear America will you watch?

• I am a Top Gear Junkie and can't wait to watch.

Votes: 21 46.7%
  • I guess I might check it out.

Votes: 18 40.0%
  • Oh Please, Don't kill a good thing nothing is better than the original!

Votes: 6 13.3%
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
No, I won't watch it

I don't the like the Hosts of the show

I'm sure if If America trys even alittle bit

They can easily top this show

·
DC Crew
20,699 Posts
Top Gear is long passed its peak, at least for me.

And an American version is also long overdue... So much so, that I think they should have just made it an independent new show, since now it will continually be compared directly with its British counterpart. I believe the spin off factor will curb its credibility somewhat and potential for innovation.

·
Registered
822 Posts
There are several people on other forums I frequent that went to the taping of the show to be in the audience and for the most part they liked what they saw and say its worth giving it a chance. I intend to stick it out and see if it grows on me.

·
Registered
904 Posts
I'll watch the first one, but, Rutledge Wood and especially Tanner Foust make my skin crawl.

·
I have poor impulse control.
3,813 Posts
I'm not planning on watching. Besides the fact that i don't have cable, i don't see a point in watching a knock off of the original Top Gear when I can just watch the original Top Gear.

·
Premium Member
3,766 Posts
I hope it turns out to be a good show. I think it will be a refreshing change from most of the Speed/Spike car programming. I just don't think the hosts will be charismatic enough nor will the writers be creative enough to compete with the original. Hopefully I am mistaken, but Tanner seems like he's acting (poorly) even when it is supposed to be an unscripted conversation.

EDIT: Now that I see the entire lineup of hosts, I don't like any of them. Let's at least replace one of them with Ivan...

:partyon:

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
I'll watch the first one, but, Rutledge Wood and especially Tanner Foust make my skin crawl.

Yeah I could'nt agree more

These people Lack Basic hygiene

The tall guy is has the air of a creep:nuts:

And looks dumpy to boot

Bon

·
Banned
9,760 Posts
I love the british version of top gear except for when they are bashing the Corvette. It has to be one of the funniest car shows in the world.
Maybe the american version will be good as well, but what is it with Tanner Faust. Is he related to someone who owns the network or what? This guy is everywhere and realy is not a very entertaining character.
This show could be a supper hit if they could get Jay Leno to be one of the three. He could be the Jeromy Clarkson of the group.

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I love the british version of top gear except for when they are bashing the Corvette. It has to be one of the funniest car shows in the world.
Maybe the american version will be good as well, but what is it with Tanner Faust. Is he related to someone who owns the network or what? This guy is everywhere and realy is not a very entertaining character.
This show could be a supper hit if they could get Jay Leno to be one of the three. He could be the Jeromy Clarkson of the group.
Honestly Leno would be very good but they dont have the budget for him. No question he is a car guy to the core. The show must have chemistry or it is doomed to fail. i am a huge fan of the BBC show and even my kids think it is funny. Tanner Faust might be able to drift but has zero personality. They should have made him the stig!

·
Banned
9,760 Posts
Honestly Leno would be very good but they dont have the budget for him. No question he is a car guy to the core. The show must have chemistry or it is doomed to fail. i am a huge fan of the BBC show and even my kids think it is funny. Tanner Faust might be able to drift but has zero personality. They should have made him the stig!
Faust would make an excelent Stig...and then we wouldn't be forced to listen to him. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
I am a car nut. Some guys know sports facts, I know car facts. I try not to listen to the opinion of others when it comes to my love affair with the autos. Only my opinion matters to me, like I have the best car in the world, IMO. When it comes to the shows, all I care about is the facts. That is why I watch. I subscribe to 6 differnt mags, constantly watch car programs on the television like some guys watch ESPN and I am on 5 differnt forums, but I only post on this one, go to the major auto shows when possible, and go by dealers just to go and look. Not to mention online auto trader. Ya, autos are my addiction and I would watch it and ignore the yapping of so called experts or what ever they claim to be.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
19,914 Posts
I love the show !!! The American version would be that much better. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
609 Posts
Top Gear is long passed its peak, at least for me.

And an American version is also long overdue... So much so, that I think they should have just made it an independent new show, since now it will continually be compared directly with its British counterpart. I believe the spin off factor will curb its credibility somewhat and potential for innovation.
Very Good Point!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts