Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2000 coupe A/C was blowing a little warm today and since I have never serviced it I decided to add a little 134. A/C systems will tend to lose a little R over the years because of all the seals and hose connections. Anyway picked up a can with a trigger hose attached but they were out of the pressure gages. I attached the quick connect to low side fitting and put in about 1/2 can (5 oz) make sure you hold can upright and shake a little so it fills as a gas. Warning: if you invert can to speed up by liquid fill you can damage the compressor. I ran the engine a few minutes felt the line up by the firewall and sure enough the temp felt like a soda pop just out of the machine. Vents blow about 48F at speed. Yea! cool again for $12.00.
V8GRA:laughing: :buhbye:

·
Registered
956 Posts
:thumbsup:

Warning: if you invert can to speed up by liquid fill you can damage the compressor.
Interesting, the stuff I bought tells you to invert it... Its been working fine almost a year now, so I guess I did no harm.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Liquid Fill could be a problem

:thumbsup:

Interesting, the stuff I bought tells you to invert it... Its been working fine almost a year now, so I guess I did no harm.
You most likely will be fine since it still works O.K.. Some of the backyard mechanics do invert the can as it feeds into the system faster in liquid form but the compressor could be damaged by a big glob of liquid as its designed to handle gas on that side. :thumbsup:
V8GRA

·
Registered
956 Posts
You most likely will be fine since it still works O.K.. Some of the backyard mechanics do invert the can as it feeds into the system faster in liquid form but the compressor could be damaged by a big glob of liquid as its designed to handle gas on that side. :thumbsup:
V8GRA
Thanks. I need to top off my one of my Honda's, so I'll try it top up.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Whole Can Ok -don't Overfill

Thanks. I need to top off my one of my Honda's, so I'll try it top up.
You really need a pressure guage, most auto parts store, Wal Mart ,ect. have inexpensive ones. Some come in a kit with the 134. I was able to empty the can after checking pressure. The Dial will tell you. Just don't overfill.
Good Luck:thumbsup:
V8GRA:buhbye:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts