Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
this is tonysvette i have a 2003 anniversary convertible.mods corsa catback wit cold air intake want to know what my top speed is was told by vette haters its 135 140.what do u think i have gained in hp wit corsa catback and cold air dual cone intake. thanks for all your info just tired of the mustang guys talikn **** wit there super charged gts they would eat my vette up.

·
Banned
7,823 Posts
i would be more inclined to say 150-155....i know i can almost hit 100 in 3rd lol

·
Premium Member
4,668 Posts
Automatic or manual?? Most sources give the top speed as 175 for the base model manual tranny and 171 for the Z06. Tell the Vette haters that their estimate is correct if you pulled two plug wires off.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
its a automatic

Automatic or manual?? Most sources give the top speed as 175 for the base model manual tranny and 171 for the Z06. Tell the Vette haters that their estimate is correct if you pulled two plug wires off.
the haters i work wit are mustang squids that talk alot of ****

·
Premium Member
4,668 Posts
Too bad for the Vette Haters. Their new Mustang GT's top speed are about 10 MPH SLOWER than my 1995 LT1 Convertible that I bought for $6741.00. And let's not even start to talk about handling. It'll keep them Blue Oval boys up at night.:devil:

·
Registered
47 Posts
I have followed my Dad in his 2000 vert to at least 155. It's an automatic & that is in a pretty short distance. I suggest taking them mustang boys for a ride. That will shut them up when your at 135 before they know what happened.

·
Registered
597 Posts
i would guess in the 170's

i mean my c4 can make it up to 149+. so i would guess a c5 would definately be able to make it there.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Every source all the way to GM says the top speed of the LS1 Equipped Vette is 175 mph

Adding Horsepower without altering gearing will render you a faster 175.

The exception to that is if the Vehicles top speed was determined by the amount of drag produced to limit any higher speed, Like the New ZR1.

-Generally Speaking

·
Registered
5,146 Posts
this is tonysvette i have a 2003 anniversary convertible.mods corsa catback wit cold air intake want to know what my top speed is was told by vette haters its 135 140.what do u think i have gained in hp wit corsa catback and cold air dual cone intake. thanks for all your info just tired of the mustang guys talikn **** wit there super charged gts they would eat my vette up.
I had my 01 vert upto 153(speedo which is within 1 mph at normal speeds 35-80) and ran out of road not throttle or power in 5th, it should top out in the mid 160s

·
Premium Member
4,668 Posts
Adding Horsepower without altering gearing will render you a faster 175.
Almost..........the performance articles I've read said that the LS1 Vette couldn't hit redline in high gear. So more power means that the top speed would be higher if more RPM's were available. But once you're going that fast it takes a whole lot of power to get another 10 MPH.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Almost..........the performance articles I've read said that the LS1 Vette couldn't hit redline in high gear. So more power means that the top speed would be higher if more RPM's were available. But once you're going that fast it takes a whole lot of power to get another 10 MPH.
Like I had said, unless the top speed was determined by the cars drag coefficient..

Like for example the Zr1

By high gear do you mean 5th?

That's speaking generally without smaller variables.

·
Registered
914 Posts
Like I had said, unless the top speed was determined by the cars drag coefficient..

Like for example the Zr1

By high gear do you mean 5th?

That's speaking generally without smaller variables.
I'm bettin if you put the stock gears back in your car you would see more than 175mph:devil:

·
Banned
7,823 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,444 Posts
Corvettes are all drag limited on top end. C5's and C6's all reach top speed in 5th gear when drag exceeds horse power.

·
Registered
362 Posts
138mph gps verified on a short 4k ft run way and still pulling hard when i had to shut it down or go flying off the pavement. haha. :laughing:

·
Registered
889 Posts
Corvettes are all drag limited on top end. C5's and C6's all reach top speed in 5th gear when drag exceeds horse power.
Let me make sure I understand your post completely.

Your suggesting that C5's and C6's will reach the same top speed in 5th or 6th gear? I'd have to see some data to back that up before I'd believe it... gearing has to have something to do with it.

·
Registered
5,146 Posts
Let me make sure I understand your post completely.

Your suggesting that C5's and C6's will reach the same top speed in 5th or 6th gear? I'd have to see some data to back that up before I'd believe it... gearing has to have something to do with it.
No, Ivan is saying that top speed on c5s and c6s is achieved in 5th gear, 6th is too tall to achieve maximum speed.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts