Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
DC Crew
53,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My black LT4 coupe hit 160 mph, ran out of real estate.

My GS hit 155 mph, had to back off.

You?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Did 110 in the '75 and 130 in the '99. Need to find a better surface for anymore than that. This was on freeway and too many bumps.:surprised

·
Registered
336 Posts
167 in the GS and 163 in my 94 when I had it.
Got the bike up to 174

·
Registered
3,027 Posts
151 mph and a vibration started, I backed off. I'm pretty sure I could of seen 160's.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Only 145 here, and that was on a Sunday morning.

For some reason, there’s so much damn traffic where I live that I’m not sure if I could do any better, and after this winter, the roads are like a mogul run on a ski slope.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Makes me wonder what are the top speeds people have driven around Chicago?

Any volunteers?

bkuper said:
126 on North Dallas Tollway (don't tell ANYBODY)

;)

·
Registered
336 Posts
Chalky said:
Makes me wonder what are the top speeds people have driven around Chicago?

Any volunteers?
I hit 174 on my bike on I-90 coming home from chicago last summer, been in the 150-160's many times around the city. this is usually in the middle of the night when there is no traffic at all. My run in the car was on I-57 on the way to Street Machine Nationals in 1998

·
Registered
40 Posts
148 on a back country road one day...no traffic and you could see for miles (flat)...I started coming up on a curve so I slowed.

At Brainerd racetrack I was a passenger in a 2001 Z06 that had been heavily modified and did 177MPH down the main straight!!! That was a total rush...

·
Registered
132 Posts
I hit 126 on a WA. Ocean highway no traffic long and straight for a couple miles.:cool:

·
DC Crew
4,823 Posts
I've hit 145 a few times and she had more to go everytime I get to that speed I have to slow down. One day I'll see what she can do :D

1 - 20 of 23 Posts