Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone here know what the top speed is on the c5? Not the z06.
I have a 2002 and was wondering. Dont have any roads around here good enough to see for myself.

·
Premium Member
17,444 Posts
I had my 2001 coupe on the Bonneville SaltFlats. HUd was reading 178 mph. rear was full of luggage.. Felt with out the luggage and passenger I could have gotten about 5 more mph out of it , as I was at about 5800 rpm in 5th. The only mods I have are Z06 clutch, Hurst shifter, and K&N air filter.

Ivan
01 Speedway White/Black
Coupe, 6 speed, HUD, Hurst Shifter
2002 Z06 Flywheel assembly,
K&N Air filter

·
Registered
3,634 Posts
"I don't think we're going to make that 25 miles per hour."

:laughing:

·
Registered
157 Posts
You will get different topspeed values depending on what C5 model (coupe, FRC, vert, auto, 6speed, axle ratio) you are clocking. I did some topspeed clocking on the german autobahn, here the results (all cars in stock condition):

'99 LS1 A4 coupe axle 3.15: 171mph
'99 LS1 FRC axle 3.42: 175mph
'01 LS1 vert 6sp axle 3.42: 173mph
'02 LS1 coupe 6sp axle 3.42: 177mph

I Hope that will help you.
(the values were metered by stop watch over one flying km, no wind, 20 degrees Celsius))

·
Registered
8,067 Posts
There had been an article some time back in "Corvette Fever"? about a guyin Texas somewhere that had taken his daily driver to an oval track and had run it up to 200mph. The speed had been verified because when you hit 200 the hud reads 00, not 200.
Some of the "Chicago Crew" (ZRDon) had talked about finding a stretch of road to do a top speed run but nothing ever materialized.
I'd have to worry that once I found out what top end was I'd want to get there any and every chance I got.

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
39,526 Posts
I don't know of many roads in Kentucky that I'd want to try and do that

1 - 9 of 9 Posts