Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my Dad's 99 coupe was too quiet, and I had my Z06 ti axle back laying in my garage. Plus I got him an LG intake for christmas/bday. This weekend was install day :partyon:

Before (stock)

After

Before (Silent exhaust):

After Ti's

I was honestly surprised how much better the car sounded after replacing the stock 99 mufflers with the Ti's. Finally sounds like a vette :thumbsup:

Dyno tune is coming in May - Just to see what she is putting down (then I'll take her to the track).

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That titanium exhaust also weighs a whole lot less! :D
Hell yea it does. I lifted both the Ti's and stockers up and wow big difference.

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Love the increase in performance and sound and wish it would stop snowing and raining so i could drive it more.
Want to take on the Z yet ??? :devil:

and here is another picture, I love my garage full of vettes

·
Registered
Black 08, A&A TI supercharger. Kooks headers. CCW wheels. Much more
12,668 Posts
Kool, glad he likes it, my last c5 was 99 coupe, i took the cat back from member EFI-1s zo6, put it on my 99, due to the coupes smaller cam, i could barely tell a difference. The following week i yanked them and added LG longs, no cats and B&B cat back. My current 02 6 speed, just using muffler deletes with big tips,heres the weight, i should have weighed my car before tossing the mufflers, but its a 6 speed, 1/2 tank of gas, and me in it, i'm 6'1" 200lbs.

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Kool, glad he likes it, my last c5 was 99 coupe, i took the cat back from member EFI-1s zo6, put it on my 99, due to the coupes smaller cam, i could barely tell a difference. The following week i yanked them and added LG longs, no cats and B&B cat back. My current 02 6 speed, just using muffler deletes with big tips,heres the weight, i should have weighed my car before tossing the mufflers, but its a 6 speed, 1/2 tank of gas, and me in it, i'm 6'1" 200lbs.
I need to get mine weighed, thanks for posting. I'll use the numbers for comparison, and if it's cheap I'll weigh my dad's 99 too.

Surprised you barely could tell the difference with the Ti's - it was without a doubt louder than the stockers. Now it's nothing like my stingers, but it's relative to the rest of the car being stock.

·
Registered
12,668 Posts
I could tell a difference, just barely though. The scale i weighed on is a + or - 1lb DOT semi scale. So my car weighs 3120 with me out of it. Not bad. I also have fat 19" maya wheels on all 4 corners. Just before i bought the car, the previous owner had a Spec brand, stage 2 clutch put in and "said" an billet aluminum fly wheel also. Heres a quik crappy sound clip of my 02 with stock exhaust, and the muffler eliminators i put on,its pretty loud at WOT, but i didnt record that part. Im going to soon go with LG longs, high flow cats and try to stay with no mufflers, then add the cam. really want to keep the weight down. How much do B&B bullets weigh? Guess?

http://youtu.be/9tuZD2aMnQE

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No idea about the weight, if I can find the package I will let you know the weight.

The final outcome of the mods to the 2000 Coupe are

304 rwhp 312 twtq

on 91 piss water which caused 6 degrees of timing to be removed. So a little is left on the table.

·
Registered
12,668 Posts
Kool. What does a bone stock c5 show at the rear wheels? About 295 or so? Some friends and i have a dyno day coming up, but my cars not stock. Wish i had a baseline to compair too.
Did you ever dyno the z?

·
DC Crew
20,699 Posts
I was honestly surprised how much better the car sounded after replacing the stock 99 mufflers with the Ti's. Finally sounds like a vette
Yea the stock Ti's do sound good, my buddy in MD used to come over in his C5Z all the time. The exhaust had a good growl you could hear from down the street, though you didn't really notice much from inside.

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Kool. What does a bone stock c5 show at the rear wheels? About 295 or so? Some friends and i have a dyno day coming up, but my cars not stock. Wish i had a baseline to compair too.
Did you ever dyno the z?
The 2000 Coupe with just the intake/ti and no tune was 295 - I don't have bone stock numbers

The Z is in the 380s rwhp / 370s rwtq as I have bolt ons and a dual disc spec clutch robbing a little power.

The Z bone stock was 350s/340s on a hot day after driving 6 hours to Carlisle.

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yea the stock Ti's do sound good, my buddy in MD used to come over in his C5Z all the time. The exhaust had a good growl you could hear from down the street, though you didn't really notice much from inside.
That's what my Dad likes about them, quiet on the inside, little rumble on the outside.

·
Registered
12,668 Posts
Hum, got me thinking. I have a SPEC stage 2 clutch with the metal/kevlar combo. It was installed jus before i bought the car, wonder if im losing hp from the clutch, sure doesnt feel like it. lol... I love the clutch though.

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hum, got me thinking. I have a SPEC stage 2 clutch with the metal/kevlar combo. It was installed jus before i bought the car, wonder if im losing hp from the clutch, sure doesnt feel like it. lol... I love the clutch though.
You might not be, I am because I increased the rotational mass (the twin disc is heavier than the stocker). I actually wish I would have went with a monster clutch instead. Most likely your upgraded single is negligible when it comes to mass.

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
A few hours away from heading to the local 1/4 mile to see what she can do. I will be driving and my father will be recording the runs. Expect video and slips tonight. Hoping for low 13's high 12's at 105-110mph.

I will be handing an 04 GTO his ass though :devil:

EDIT: Track is closed, no numbers or times tonight :down:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts