Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a tune done by HPE performance in Houston Texas. I believe they completely removed my torque management because the shifting is super quick and firm. However, when driving in the neighborhood (around 1000rpm or so) the shifts are like jolts.

is this normal?
Can torque management be partially restored or is it an all or nothing kinda deal.

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
i had it pulled on my 01 ,max shift psi and yes it shifted like a tank but when it went for 2nd at WOT its like a stick ,i mean it kicks the rear out a tad,i love it. you can try what i do : just before it shifts back off the gas a little,you will learn how as you drive .it helps

·
Banned
2,069 Posts
It may be that they also firmed up your shifts with the programming. The TM will cause your issue a bit, but it seems to acting more like a shift kit would, thus my thinking it was the changing of the shift firmness. Either way, I think it's a cool problem to have.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i had it pulled on my 01 ,max shift psi and yes it shifted like a tank but when it went for 2nd at WOT its like a stick ,i mean it kicks the rear out a tad,i love it. you can try what i do : just before it shifts back off the gas a little,you will learn how as you drive .it helps
that's what i've been doing. it works a little. If i keep the RPM in the 2k range there's no jerking.

·
Registered
883 Posts
I have an FLP Level 4 and it does that too sometimes ...I called them and they said its all in the tune. But its not something you have to worry about.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts