Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How can the Torque management be turned off. It seemsto stops me from brake jacking on the starting line. Feels like a rev limiter at about 1200rpm. Also I read that at full throttle shift it retards the timing to soften the shift. If I need a programmer will a Predator do this job.

99REDC5

·
Premium Member
17,444 Posts
I know it can be turned to competition mode in the 01 by holding the button down for about 5 sec. I'm not sure if the 99 will do that, you can try. Any one know for sure about the 99?

·
Registered
180 Posts
How can the Torque management be turned off. It seemsto stops me from brake jacking on the starting line. Feels like a rev limiter at about 1200rpm. Also I read that at full throttle shift it retards the timing to soften the shift. If I need a programmer will a Predator do this job.

99REDC5
Not sure on the predator will do this. You may need HP tuners software or the like. I had mine changed in my 02 not so sure what is needed on the 99 cars. Don

·
Registered
4,479 Posts
I know it can be turned to competition mode in the 01 by holding the button down for about 5 sec. I'm not sure if the 99 will do that, you can try. Any one know for sure about the 99?
for 2000 and lower you have to be at a COMPLETE stop and hold it for about 5 seconds anything 2001 you can be rolling

·
DC Crew
2,988 Posts
for 2000 and lower you have to be at a COMPLETE stop and hold it for about 5 seconds anything 2001 you can be rolling

These steps do not turn off Torque Management, contact Jeremy @Fasterproms and get a tune.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,479 Posts
These steps do not turn off Torque Management, contact Jeremy @Fasterproms and get a tune.:thumbsup:
oh i no that i was just going along with ivan i think u need an ls1 edit to turn off tm

1 - 6 of 6 Posts