Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know the correct torque for the brake caliper mounting bolts and the brake caliper bracket bolts? This will be using Locktite 272 (Red) High Temperature/High Strength on the bolts.

TIA.

Jane

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
39,676 Posts
It is recommended that you Install NEW brake caliper mounting bracket bolts and washers. The new brake caliper mounting bracket bolts will come with an adhesive already applied to the threads.

Brake tightening specs are:

Brake caliper mounting bracket bolts to 175 Nm (125 ft. lbs.).

Brake caliper inlet fitting bolt to 50 Nm (37 ft. lbs.).

Brake caliper guide pin bolts to 31 Nm (23 ft. lbs.).

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is recommended that you Install NEW brake caliper mounting bracket bolts and washers. The new brake caliper mounting bracket bolts will come with an adhesive already applied to the threads.

Brake tightening specs are:

Brake caliper mounting bracket bolts to 175 Nm (125 ft. lbs.).

Brake caliper inlet fitting bolt to 50 Nm (37 ft. lbs.).

Brake caliper guide pin bolts to 31 Nm (23 ft. lbs.).
Thanks for the specs and especially for the tip about using new caliper mounting bolts and washers.

I'm installing a set of four Brembo cross-drilled rotors, Hawk Ceramic pads, and Goodridge Stainless Steel brake lines. I ordered the Shop Manual from Helm but they ship via the Cape of Good Hope so I will probably get the parts before the manual.

Thanks again!

Jane

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just picked these up at the Chevy dealer. For the benefit of others, they are $6.95 each for the bolts and $3.95 each for the washers for a total of $87.20.

Thanks again.

Jane

1 - 4 of 4 Posts