Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just wanting to know what my fellow c6 owners put on there cars to let people know not to touch it at car shows or events

such as a funny saying or i have seen a batman standup with a speech bubble saying in the owners handwriting...."Look but don't touch citizen"

·
Registered
691 Posts
Personally, I think a "do not touch" sign will make some people touch it to just be an a hole.

Our club is considering roping off our cars in the future. :huh:

·
Registered
628 Posts
:laughing: I've viewed this at a corvette show in Boca Raton.

"I don't run my car over your fingers so don't run your fingers over my car"

:partyon: :partyon: ;)

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Personally, I think a "do not touch" sign will make some people touch it to just be an a hole.

Our club is considering roping off our cars in the future. :huh:
i have done that before....just used some caution tape with a couple chairs and poles

·
Registered
425 Posts
just wanting to know what my fellow c6 owners put on there cars to let people know not to touch it at car shows or events

such as a funny saying or i have seen a batman standup with a speech bubble saying in the owners handwriting...."Look but don't touch citizen"
seen at a local car show last summer...

"PLEASE DO NOT TOUCH UNLESS YOU ARE NAKED!"
:laughing:

·
Registered
578 Posts
i think the "please" ,do not touch, sign will work. Most car goers are educated people, well hopefully, lol. but the rest of the suggestions will work, good idea and subject to have brought up. lets hear some more funny ones, lol. ;)

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i think the "please" ,do not touch, sign will work. Most car goers are educated people, well hopefully, lol. but the rest of the suggestions will work, good idea and subject to have brought up. lets hear some more funny ones, lol. ;)
well the only prob with putting a sign on your car is you have to do it on every window otherwise they might not see it ....the best solution is definitely taping or roping your spot off

and yes lets hear some more funny ones!

·
Premium Member
3,766 Posts
I've still got one from the dealership outside the museum in Bowling Green. It says "Cars are like wives, if it ain't yours, don't touch!"

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
I seen one last year kind off the wall

Don't touch or you will get burned. Had all kinds of fireman gear around it.

·
DC crew
4,102 Posts
Forget the show!! Pack up your lawn chair,and go out and hit the road course. I laugh at the guy who has two tons of wax on his car and no rock chips. Shows are alright. Looking at cars at the paddocks when they're about to go on the track is alot of fun!!:thumbsup:

Jr.

·
Registered
3,634 Posts
I need one of those signs for my car all the time. I commute to work with my roommate so we alternate driving days. Well yesterday I came home to find my car covered in fingerprints everywhere. There were even two right footprints on the nose. Whoever did it is lucky I didn't catch them. They'd be sore today.

·
Registered
822 Posts
"please do not touch" is the most effective, i respect it when i go to car shows. Anything extra tends to just make me feel like the owner is a jackass and causes me to be less inclined to follow it.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Many years ago I had a sticker on my '67 Vette that read:

If you value your life as much as I value this car, DON'T TOUCH IT

Must have worked because I didn't have to kill anyone :laughing:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts