Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
3,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I Have had a TPI on this '72 for over 12 years now, through various changes...and I got tired of the old a/cleaner assy, wanted a change...so...with the BB hood scoop install enabling better hood clearance near the radiator, I cut out nearly all the stock plastic from under the hood bulge, and rounded it off nice to releive any corners, forstall cracking....and gain the little bit extra clearance for the pipes shown on my site, they are the new pix at the end of the site....

the date on the pix is to be ignored....thought I cancelled that function...NOT! pix are very recent.....

I have some further detail and cleaning up to do but the concept is workable, as you can see....

:D :smack :cheers:

·
Registered
745 Posts
Looks good gene,ive been debating on going back to mine over the rad support also,instead of trying to get a hood to seal on my setup now.It really cleans the engine compartment up with the way you did it.

·
Banned
3,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looks great:thumbsup:

Your old intake was very ingeneous. Did it seal out all underhood hot air?
I really can't say about air temps into the engine as the temp sensor was screwed into the box, i'ts now in the rubber accordion duct....being in the uninsulated box, it's really hard to say what with all the heat rising, heating the hood, and of course the box itself....behind rad and all....

the thought at the time was not so much cold air, as in solving some supposed air turbulence problems with a/cleaners like that cone right on the tbody, getting lousey flow right behind the fan, rad......I dunno about that either, but it was something to show at cruise nites.....

I suspect the air is LOTS cooler now, and any 'turbulance' is much negated by that ~2' of ducting it passes through....4x the filter area also means far less restriction than that one little 12y/o tired K/N cone.....

:D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts