Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Jesus...

I dropped the 150.00 bucks for the air pump delete kit. It shows up, and lower spacer that attaches to the cylinder head is not drilled correctly!! It is too small and won't accept the bolt.

Now normally I would just try to fix it! But!! for what it is at 150 bucks I shouldn't have to.

I call there to get it resolved. And the guy basicly calls me a liar.:WTF

He talks to his machine shop guy who tells him "we have sold over a 150 of them and never had an issue"

Well you have one now!

He said just go drill it out!:WTF I said "why should I have to do that! I just dropped 150.00 with your company, You need to stand behind your product!"

I said " I have no reason to lie about one peice of this bracket set up; I just need it to work. the right thing to do is send me out the lower spacer!

With much reluctence he finaly agreed. However I have to send it to him, and then he will send the correct one out.

Sorry for the long rant. just pissed off at his attitude!

Probably won't purchase anything from them again!

·
Super Moderator
8,520 Posts

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
Certainly not a way that I would talk to one of my customers,

I'd have offered to take the spacer back for enlargement

Just put it on the drill press or in a soft jaw vise and enlarge it and be threw with these guys.

I'll never buy anything from TPIS thats for sure

I've had a few problems with aftermarket companies too,

It's best to stick with the ones that have been around for a longtime and are known for having outstanding customer service

·
DC Crew
32,974 Posts
That sucks. Never good to have someone treat a customer like that. I'd just drill it out were it me.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
#1 Don't have the room for a drill press or a welder in my garage.
#2 When someone produces a product they should stand by that product. Even a small window of protection due to wormanship.
#3 Not everyone who owns a car has an entire workshop to fabricate parts for their car. Hence the need to buy such products.

I will probably have someone drill it out. I also wanted to bring it to there attention to see if they could avoid this with other customers. They may have a batch of them that are bad, who knows?

I just wanted to be treated a whole lot better than I received.

·
DC Crew
20,699 Posts
He said just go drill it out! :WTF I said "why should I have to do that! I just dropped 150.00 with your company, You need to stand behind your product!"

With much reluctence he fianaly agreed. However I have to send it to him, and then he will send the correct one out.

Sorry for the long rant.
No need to apologize, this is what forums are for. :thumbsup:

Shame it took prodding on your end for them to fix the issue, but at least they finally acknowledged it. Keep us posted.

·
Banned
7,823 Posts
Saddens me to hear that, I done business with them several times over the past 15 years and havent had an issue. While if they did indeed act like that, they were wrong. Have you thought about how you came across to them? I am not trying to defend them, but I have been on both sides of that coin before so I know how it can get. I know how frustrating **** gets sometimes.

But I do agree you might be making more out of it than it is. Mistakes do happen and it is unfortunate you got the 1 that QC missed.

I would recommend calling them back and asking to talk to someone else. I usually try to not judge a company based on interactions with 1 employee.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Your content comes off like
Hey it's not a big deal, quit whining and go spent more money to fix the vendors F up
Then market him to other vendors to buy tools to do what should have been done for the money he paid to have done

We wonder why people have bad views of American products and your answer sure sounds like a vendor and not a Corvette owner who PAYS big bucks for cheap quality and then he should suck it up and make the part himself :crazy:

while I totally agree with your basic thought that all the parts should work correctly as shipped, mistakes do happen, it seems to me that your basically making it into a much bigger issue that it need be, if 1 minute in a drill press would correct the problem

one more in an endless list of reasons why you need a drill press and welder

http://forum.grumpysperformance.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=970

http://forum.grumpysperformance.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=993

·
Super Moderator
8,520 Posts
Your content comes off like
Hey it's not a big deal, quit whining and go spent more money to fix the vendors F up
Then market him to other vendors to buy tools to do what should have been done for the money he paid to have done

We wonder why people have bad views of American products and your answer sure sounds like a vendor and not a Corvette owner who PAYS big bucks for cheap quality and then he should suck it up and make the part himself :crazy:
no! IM being pragmatic,or realistic, the goal here is to get the car running not much else. which approach makes more sense and gets the car running faster

(A)justifiably, bitch, and let the vendor know they screwed up, send it back and wait a week while his machine shop drills, packs and ships it back!

(b) OR throw the part in a vise on your drill press,measure the bolt to be used, add 1/16" to the drill size, drill the hole and install the part, which may take 3 minutes

your choice,yes you can be correct and wait a week....or you can be a take charge guy, realize the problems easily solved and be driving in 10 minutes with your new accessory, look everyone screws up at times, be happy its so easy to solve the problem and get on with life, if the simple stuff makes you crazy, your never going to enjoy the corvette hobby because its got a constant list of minor problems, I'd bet theres not a single really experienced older corvette owner on this or any other site that has not at one time or another been required to slightly modify some component he ordered to get it to fit correctly or found parts missing or the color didn,t match exactly etc.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Understood.....Mistakes happen. That's why they put erasers on pencils!

Harcore,

I am in the customer service industry. I deal with hundreds of people a day. I actually appologized to him, and I was sorry to say that the part I received was not correct. I didn't in any way come off aggressive. Only after his responce to "just fix it yourself" was I a little pissed.

I would ask for someone else. But the guy was the owner! Can't go higher than him. I know it's an easy fix! My point was to treat your customers well, and they become repeat business!

Customer service is offering solutions to fix someones problem. Not tell them to fix it themselves! or deny someones claim.

Grumpy,

Your right! the goal is to have the car running. However, if I sold you a computer and it didn't have the correct wires in it. would you ask me to fix it? or just go spend some more money on the wires? I think you would want me to stand behind my product.

But, I will put this thread to rest. All I was doing was venting!

I never wanted it to turn ugly like this. I appreciate all the advice and information I receive from this forum. I would like that to continue.

·
Banned
7,823 Posts
wow, never would have thought myron cottrell would have acted that way. like i said, not defending them. was just trying to get a little more clear picture of what went down.

·
Registered
543 Posts
I ordered a big mouth intake and runner when I did my engine rebuild I called them up after 3 weeks of waiting for them to get back to me.

I got a attitude from them and they told me they were on back ordered and they were not sure it might be a couple more months before I get my parts..

I told them return my money if they had this custormer service now I do not want any thing to do with them.

·
Banned
7,823 Posts
gotta say though, I am a huge fan of their miniram II

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
That's the part that pisses me off! I was looking at doing that as part of a future mod. But now I am a little gun shy with making a purchse from them.

It sucks cause I really liked their stuff.

·
DC Crew
32,974 Posts
That's the part that pisses me off! I was looking at doing that as part of a future mod. But now I am a little gun shy with making a purchse from them.

It sucks cause I really liked their stuff.
That does suck, I've got an extra smog pump if you need it I know you said yours was making a noise.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I like the look of the bracket. I mocked it up the best I could, and it looks nice.

Do you have a drill press???:laughing:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts