Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just reciently purchased a set of the TPIS headers for my 1988 L98. The question I have is?? What header bolts to you all suggest using? the TPIS headers have an extra long stainless sleve on the mounting flange? I thing you at least need a 2" header bolts, where can I find these? Any tips?

·
DC Crew
32,974 Posts
They didn't come with the bolts? That is strange. I would contact them first and if they can't help out you can buy the bolts you need at a place like Ace hardware.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
whats arp? will any heat treated grade 8 bolts work? Should some one coat the bolts with like an anti-seze also before installing? what is torque spec for header bolts?

·
Registered
914 Posts
ARP....... American Racing Products. They make high performance fasteners. Online at www.arp.com or check with Jegs or summit. If they don't have it they can get it or they will give you arp's phone number. You can reach JEGS at 1-800-345-45-45 good luck:thumbsup:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just talked to Jegs, Summit, and JC, no such luck with finding these bolts? Any other ideas? Will the OEM exhaust mantifold bolts work?

·
Registered
914 Posts
If they're the right length and you can get a wrench on all the heads I don't know why the wouldn't.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
724 Posts
I took my factory bolts to a fastener store and had them match them with stainless ones.

·
Registered
74 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Also, I just did this on a 90 Vette. Take your Y Pipe that came with the headers and ensure it fits over the headers. Allot of people have had to go to a exhaust shop and expand the Y Pipe a little.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts