Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally finished my winter cam install. Surprisingly easy to do compared to some of the other cars I have worked on. I selected the Thunder Racing TRAK CAM. The specs on the cam are 231/234 .640/.590 112 LSA. I upgraded the pushrods, springs, oil pump, balancer, and timing chain. The drivability of this cam is very good. The lower rpms are very manageable and it pulls like no tomorrow up to 6800 rpm. The dyno numbers are 391.2 RWHP and 375 TQ. At speed with the vararam it should be bring those numbers up a bit. I might be able to squeeze a bit more out of it with a new throttle body. My other mods are in my sig

I think my next mods will be gears and possibly heads. Or, I might go the route of a magnacharger. I posted the dyno sheet in my pictures, sorry the graph wouldn’t scan well. I also have a video, but need to compress it.

Hopefully I might break into the low 12, but either way I am really happy with sound and drivability. If any body else is looking into this cam feel free to pm me I will be happy to help.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
you do not have to pull the heads to do a cam swap. you do have to remove the heads if you plan replacing the lifters. I have low miles on my car and left the stock lifters in. the biggest PITA is the steering rack removal. i mostly followed the instructions from www.ls1howto.com and alldata. what i found most important aspect out of this whole install is selecting the right cam for your driving style or goals. This cam uses the .660 lift springs or patriot extreme springs. I found that others have used smaller springs and had extreme valve float. Surprisingly the valve train noise is very minimal with the high lift of this cam. And the lower duration numbers help the fly by wire at idle.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
1 - 4 of 4 Posts