Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I'm home from the event and all I can tell you is.... You Fricking totally missed out :laughing: What a great time we had. Patrick went off the track about everytime he got on it :rolling: Ivan was the man out there :devil: I tell you that he can drive:devil: Robs Vette sounds fantastic even though he got passed by my Wife :lookinup: :laughing:
What happened to mike on the Second day???? Where did you go?? Did you get tired of passing my ass on the track? :smack
My first time ever driving on a track and my initial times were in the 3.15.00 area. I got hold of one of the instructors and went for a ride with him (Victor). Then he offered to ride with me (these guys have some serious guts) and give me pointers. My time dropped to 3.05.00. Thats right I gained 10 seconds and I wasn't even struggling anymore.
Ivan was running in the 2.52.00 range
Patrick was in the 3.02.00 range when he stayed on the track :smack
Dan worked behind the scenes the whole time, what a hell of a guy :thumbsup:
We picked up a new member while at the Hoover Dam :thumbsup: Welcome Rusty ( I don't know what his name will be on DC yet :huh: )
Oh yeah, I have a **** load of Pics too :D

·
...twisting your mind and smashing your dreams.
9,389 Posts
MORE PICS! MORE PICS! MOE PICS!:partyon:

·
Premium Member
15,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh yeah, Another reason to go to Spring Mountain. Take you wife and let her burn the track up in the Vette :devil:
My wife got a sound bite from a Maggie Vette and now she can't wait to have it installed. She is even talking about how we need to put the Pfadt suspension on it so we can carve the curves quicker :thud:
I love that woman :D

·
...twisting your mind and smashing your dreams.
9,389 Posts
...wife got a sound bite from a Maggie Vette and now she can't wait to have it installed. She is even talking about how we need to put the Pfadt suspension on it so we can carve the curves quicker :thud:
I love that woman :D
yep, that's a keeper:laughing: :partyon:

·
DC Crew
32,974 Posts
Awesome pics dude. 10 secs is quite a gain, nice job. More pics are needed though.:partyon: :partyon: :partyon:

·
Registered
120 Posts
What an amazing time...

Huge Props to everyone at Spring Mountain (especially Janet) and Pfadt and Stoptech for helping to sponsor the event.

To think we can drive our cars off of the showroom floor, go to the track for the first time, run in the 2:40's with all the traction and handling systems turned on and then head home, set the cruise control to 75mph and get 27+mpg. I can't look at another sports car without now thinking, go ahead, I dare you to top that!!!

I finally got to put some faces with the names :thumbsup:
I started off the weekend with a 3:17 and then my best time for the weekend was 2:47 :buhbye: I was very happy considering this was my first time ever on a track.

Patrick is a kick to talk to, he was laughing so hard when he came back from playing Dukes of Hazard on the decreasing radius turn. I think they call that turn 'patience'...hmmm, wonder why :rolling:

I met Aaron and his wife, they were great.
My Pfadt coilovers and sways were awesome. I dialed in some more firmness for the rear and I cut an easy 5 sec's off of my lap times just because I was able to have a little rotation in the rear coming out of the faster corners :cheers:

I took a ride with RKT ROY... His 2:47 felt much smoother than my 2:47 and he was very consistent. We might have to give him a new name of "Smooth Rkt Roy" :smack

On my last session, Patrick and Dan hooked me up with some video cameras, so I can't wait to see the in car footage. This was one of my quicker sessions for the weekend :D

For those of you who couldn't make it, start planning for next year. You don't want to miss it.

Oh and finally, I am hooked!!!
I am already looking for some more trackdays. Drop me a PM if you are going to go to any on the West coast (I'm in NorCal).

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Hey dudes....Patrick is afraid to log on because he doesn't want his password captured from my unsecured wireless network. He said he only went off the track two times:laughing: that we could see??? Did I really get passed by Loretta....I told everyone I was driving like a girl:laughing: We are trapped in Panguitch Utah tonight (Thats right Panguitch). We hit major snow. We cruised through the Grand Canyon today before the snow. Wish we still had the whole group together. We took pics of a snowman on the back of my car:laughing: What a frickin awesome trip and we're not home yet:thumbsup: Thanks again for the good times all that were there. I know I will be at Spring Mountain again.....and I will DRIVE MY VETTE AGAIN...so all you east coast guys get with the program. I will need company next year:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Hey gang! This is Patrick (I swear).

What Rob said is kind of true. I didn't "go off" the track, I fricking FLEW OFF the track, in a bad way! Both times I went into serious rocks (um... boulders) and the undercarriage was utterly pounded. I thought the boulders were going to come thru the floor boards. I need to work on decreasing radius turns... and not go into them at 80 mph. LOL... should have been more like 25 mph. :laughing:

Of course... it's on video... so you'll see my "dukes of hazzard"... off the track... down the hill... then further into the rocks. LOL... the sound will make you cry. I bet I have 500 to 1000 new rock chips... not kidding.

But, I started in beginner, and went up 2 classes... and snuck out with the 'advanced' group once... heheheh... don't tell Janet.

The best thing though is the guys (and Wendy... and Anna) and the wonderful people I met and traveled with, my new friends, the incredible track and staff, and Ivan and how he OWNED the track and spanked some of the best. And, thanks to EVS Chevrolet for the killer deal on the C6 as we've enjoyed taking it across the country and testing it out!

Just a great time, lots of fun damage on the car. It's cover in sand, snow, rain, bugs, dirt, grit... mud... scratches... I have mud on the steering wheel, door panels, floors, seats. It's all good. The back rotor is cracked, I have new clacking sounds and squeeks... and wheels out of balance... vibrations... couldn't be happier.

Talk to you in a few days! Time to go have some beers.

LOVE YA!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Hey DC! (this is Dan85Vette)

What an insane opportunity to come out West and push the Corvette community to a new level. Not only have I been breaking in the DC C6, I've been blastered in high-G turns by Ivan in the fastest production car GM has ever made, I've drilled into, super glued and gorilla taped several Corvettes and did I mention that I'm been driving the DC C6? I've never been out West until this week, I've never driven a new Vette, never been on a track and never had such a great time with a bunch of complete strangers. In just a matter of a few days, we were leaving each other with hand shakes and hugs.

Absolutely amazing time. I can't wait to share the hundreds of scenery shots I took from the captain's seat of the DC6. The whole crew that showed up is unreal. Stand-up, true characters.

THIS is what Corvettes are about.

·
Premium Member
15,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Patrick, Dan, Rob, Mike, Tom, Mike, Rusty, and Shane :thumbsup: Plus the Ladies...Loretta, Wendy, and Anna. This is what being a member of DC is all about. These People are genuine and good hearted people.
Roy, I was really impressed with your Vette and times Bro :thumbsup:
bahnzii, I must have missed you Bro. Sorry about that. I thought that I had met with every one of the DC members myself. Also, You're correct. Everyone that owns a Vette needs to be planning for next year. That was the absolute best time :thumbsup:

·
Registered
402 Posts
Nice Meeting Everyone!

I had a great time at Spring Mountain and it was really great meeting everyone. What a great bunch of people!

I enjoyed giving people smooth rides. I'm smooth because I drive on the smooth black part of the racetrack. Unlike some of the folks who drove fast lines through the gravel and rocks (you guys know who you are!);)

At the end of the day I was able to turn a 2'43.8" without a passenger. In part because I felt I could push harder without having to worry about taking my passenger on a wild ride, plus my base 350hp C5 is lacking the power of some of the brutes who came to the track. During my last session I ran out of gas and the car would lose power under hard cornering. After packing up I limped to the Shell station 2 miles away. I wore the outer tread of my left front tire to the point where it looks like a slick now. Time for new tires. I'm only getting 7 track days out of my front tires.

Enclosed is a Word document with screen shots from my DriftBox that shows the track map I made and my line.

Enjoy.
See you next time!
Roy.:thumbsup:

Attachments

·
Registered
293 Posts
Thanks to the DC Crew that came out for the Corvette Track Days and shared my passion of playing with Corvettes on the Spring Mountain Track. It was a kick meeting all of you and putting faces to the names. I'm looking forward to seeing more pics and hearing more stories.

A note to Patrick: Stay on the BLACK stuff ;)

Janet

·
Certified Stalker
4,077 Posts
I wanna go racing!! But I don't have a Vette :( Maybe I'll find/ build something worth driving there by next year.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Hey All:

Sorry about the second day, it was a blast, I had to go on sunday because of the idle issue, I was worried about the metro area traffic and wanted to get through the major traffic areas on Sunday. I made it home on Monday night. Thanks to you all, It was nice meeting you all and the car is now safe at the shop and they are working on the issues.:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
17,444 Posts
Hey All:

Sorry about the second day, it was a blast, I had to go on Sunday because of the idle issue, I was worried about the metro area traffic and wanted to get through the major traffic areas on Sunday. I made it home on Monday night. Thanks to you all, It was nice meeting you all and the car is now safe at the shop and they are working on the issues.:thumbsup:
Mike you were smart to leave when you did, but we all missed you Sunday. You missed 2 foot of snow on inter state 70.

As you see Wendy and I had a wee bet of trouble getting home on Tuesday. But thats just me.....Never a dull moment..:D

As for the rest of the yahoos that met at Spring Mountain. I have never met a finer group on such a spur of the moment meeting of people from across the USA. And all the people That worked at the track just blew me away. I swear it was like we had known them from our home towns... more later with pictures.

·
DC Crew
3,482 Posts
Holy Crap Iburke. I love it that you are not afraid to drive you Z. Go beat on it at the track and then get it stuck in a snow bank. What wont that car see?

·
Premium Member
17,444 Posts
Oh yes and on another note we have answered the age old question how long will the rear tires on a C6 Z06 last.........:thud: 120 miles! or 2 tanks of gas.(Average gas mileage 27.9 mpg hi way 4 mpg on the track.):surprised

·
Registered
293 Posts
Oh yes and on another note we have answered the age old question how long will the rear tires on a C6 Z06 last.........:thud: 120 miles! or 2 tanks of gas.(Average gas mileage 27.9 mpg hi way 4 mpg on the track.):surprised
That seems about right to me. We go thru lots of slicks & lots of gas and we get to meet lots of new FRIENDS :thumbsup:

Janet

1 - 20 of 35 Posts