Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

since last summer I am the proud owner of C3. According the previous owner, the car was imported form California (Rialto) back in 1996. Is there a way to have more historical information of my Vette ?

·
DC Crew
53,226 Posts
Walfred said:
Hello,

since last summer I am the proud owner of C3. According the previous owner, the car was imported form California (Rialto) back in 1996. Is there a way to have more historical information of my Vette ?
Historical? Not sure. But, you can find out about previous owners and where they lived by running the VIN through the carfax.com service. You might get more clues....

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wel I've tried that but they need a 17 character vincode. I think that's for newer cars , '81 and later (mine's '71). My Vette has only 13 character vin code. But thanks anyway :cool:

·
DC Crew
4,751 Posts
Privacy laws in the United States now restrict the information that was once easily available on old cars. At one time you could pay about $20 and send a request to the Department of Motor Vehicles and get a complete vehicle title transfer history.

Now, you have to be more creative. You have to just back up to the last known owner, and start asking questions.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I am now arrived at a certain Mr. William Morse used to live in Rialto California about 8 year ago ! May be I should check out Califirnia Vette Clubs:D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts