Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1999 convertible and I am having an issue with the traction control kicking on at any give time wether I am wot or changing lanes and it is not all the time. Sometimes I can go from 25 to 120 and it never kick in but then I can change a lane or dodge a pot hole and it shuts me down until I stop or turn it off. I was told that it could be the brake and traction cotrol modulde under the hood. So I replaced that and it did not fix it. I also had to bad tpms sensors on the same side and was told that could be it so I replaced both of them and they are working fine but I did not fix the issue. I have replaced all four shocks and thought that might be the problem but this cars doesn't have any kind of special shocks or anything. Any information would be great. I am ready to sell the car and I really love it but I can't handle the traction issue.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Test the wheel speed sensors for proper voltage and resistance. Is it throwing any codes?

·
Registered
606 Posts
Your throwing money at the problem and getting nowhere

Use a good OBD-II scanner that will talk to the EBCM and collect data while car is driven.
You would be able to see what each wheel sensor reports as to speed and all the other functions for ABS, TC and steering position and do what is needed to force the problem while scanner is recording

You would then pin down what function is really causing the problem when replaying that recording

Sometimes like the right front wheel sensor wiring gets crimped and has slight short or it could be the sensor wiring connectors are dirty or corroded

I have a 1999 convertible and I am having an issue with the traction control kicking on at any give time wether I am wot or changing lanes and it is not all the time. Sometimes I can go from 25 to 120 and it never kick in but then I can change a lane or dodge a pot hole and it shuts me down until I stop or turn it off. I was told that it could be the brake and traction cotrol modulde under the hood. So I replaced that and it did not fix it. I also had to bad tpms sensors on the same side and was told that could be it so I replaced both of them and they are working fine but I did not fix the issue. I have replaced all four shocks and thought that might be the problem but this cars doesn't have any kind of special shocks or anything. Any information would be great. I am ready to sell the car and I really love it but I can't handle the traction issue.

·
Registered
362 Posts
You need to start by checking for codes. If there are any codes being thrown, they should help get you started in the right direction.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts