Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm just curious if anyone has traded in a 2005 C6 and how much they got for it. I see a lot of dealers with nice 2005 C6's on the lots asking in the $38-40K range and I'm curious as to how much they have in these cars. NADA lists the trade-in value at around $35K. This seems pretty high. Any experience out there?

·
Registered
313 Posts
My boy just traded in an 2005 vert with low miles, he got 33 for his.

·
Registered
20 Posts
$36,000

I received $36,000 for my 05 Mag Red, Auto, Loaded with chrome wheels and 13,000 miles

·
Premium Member
17,444 Posts
Trade in value is only an arbitrary figure connected to the new car price.

If I pay $2000 over sticker trade in price will be $2000 over blue book.
If I pay $2000 under sticker trade in price will be $2000 under blue book.

Get a trade in price on a the purchase of a Cadillac then see if they will give you the same amount on an Aveo?

just my 2 cents and experience with dealers.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Get a trade in price on a the purchase of a Cadillac then see if they will give you the same amount on an Aveo?
Its so funny that you mention this because I was specifically thinking of trading the C6 in on Aveo.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Traded in my 05 vert (loaded) bout a month and a half ago on Long Island and got 43.5K, it had 4000 miles, used it to upgrade to an 07 silver vert.........:thumbsup:

·
Registered
580 Posts
My experience especially with Vettes is never trade, sell it yourself.

I sold my 02Z when I was buying the new one and got about $2k over the private party value because someone knew how well I took care of the car. In fact, he didn't even negotiate which I realize is strange but some people do that if they know the car's owner and car's condition.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Traded my Base 05 C6 3600 miles for 35K just this week...

With 08's coming out move fast on trade or sale because numbers will fall when people can get left over 07's for 39K and under..

·
Registered
17 Posts
Traded my Base 05 C6 3600 miles for 35K just this week...

With 08's coming out move fast on trade or sale because numbers will fall when people can get left over 07's for 39K and under..
Thats exactly what I was thinking when I traded in my 05.... the numbers worked at the time but I'm sure things have changed in the last month or so...........

·
Premium Member
17,444 Posts
Its so funny that you mention this because I was specifically thinking of trading the C6 in on Aveo.
I just happen to have an Aveo5. Great little car lots of room, nice ride and acceleration.
My wife tells me it will do a 106.:huh:

·
Registered
6 Posts
If you want top dollar sell it yourself. I just bought a 2005 C6 for $38K, but it was like brand new with all the options. Less than 7K miles.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts