Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to the dealer yesterday. They had a RF Z06 at 101,000 and a 07 black Z06 fully loaded with nav, onstar, etc. that they might be willing to give to me at MSRP. I live in Miami, FL., and havent seen one at MSRP ever. The car is black on black, at first I didnt like black I wanted Atomic Orange...I thought the black didnt do justice to the cars width and curves, but after looking at some black Z06's on this forum Im really digging the black. I would be trading in my 2005 daytona sunset orange which I got a great deal on a couple months back so I wont lose much in the trade in. I was thinking maybe I should wait for the 2008 Z06 but it seems that there wont be any changes worth waiting for. Any advice from you fellow Z06'ers would be greatly appreciated. I am in no hurry, just want to make the smartest move. Im good friends with the finance manager so I know he would do anything to help me.

·
Registered
610 Posts
no changes worth waiting for! are you kidding me? just that the new interior is worth the price of admission to the '08 club but it's your $

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
:agree:no kidding--the new '08 interior looks 20 times better--worth the wait in my opinion

·
Premium Member
17,444 Posts
no changes worth waiting for! are you kidding me? just that the new interior is worth the price of admission to the '08 club but it's your $
Are you goin to drive it ... or are you going to just sit in it?

If your going to drive it you don't need the fancy interior.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The interior might be worth waiting for. But how long before I am able to get a 08 at MSRP? 6 months? If that is the case then it wont be worth it for me.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Went to the dealer yesterday. They had a RF Z06 at 101,000 and a 07 black Z06 fully loaded with nav, onstar, etc. that they might be willing to give to me at MSRP. I live in Miami, FL., and havent seen one at MSRP ever. The car is black on black, at first I didnt like black I wanted Atomic Orange...I thought the black didnt do justice to the cars width and curves, but after looking at some black Z06's on this forum Im really digging the black. I would be trading in my 2005 daytona sunset orange which I got a great deal on a couple months back so I wont lose much in the trade in. I was thinking maybe I should wait for the 2008 Z06 but it seems that there wont be any changes worth waiting for. Any advice from you fellow Z06'ers would be greatly appreciated. I am in no hurry, just want to make the smartest move. Im good friends with the finance manager so I know he would do anything to help me.
By any chance was this at maroone chevy of west dade???

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Here's a thought.. buy the 07 with the great deal today, drive it a while, if you really want the leather wrap (08), go to a custom interior shop and get one with better materials than GM will offer.....my 2 cents :cheers:

·
Registered
329 Posts
I too wanted the Atomic Orange, but came across a black '07 Z last September that I got at MSRP. Currently 5,500 miles of pure fun!!!! Take the deal, by the car and enjoy the ride. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
31 Posts
I think the new interior for '08 is 'ok'.

As others have mentioned, when you think about the initial added cost of an '08 with the different interior (you know they are going to jack the MSRP up) you will be much better off with the '07.

Personally, I love the interior on mine.

·
Banned
1,905 Posts
Minor Interior Change

The interior might be worth waiting for. But how long before I am able to get a 08 at MSRP? 6 months? If that is the case then it wont be worth it for me.
Saw the new Interior:huh: A little new stitching, 2 tone, etc. Same leather surface:laughing: Not going to be a LAMBO/FERRARI type interior:smack

20 times better???:crazy: Dont think so.

Buy the 07 at a discount:cheers: You can get 5K off now.:thumbsup:
The 08's are going to be back at the bump price:huh:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts