Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure if anyone's posted on this yet, but Speedwaylemans and I left Carlisle around 5 pm and we got a call about 30 minutes ago from the owner of C5reations saying that a terrible thunderstorm with hail & high winds came through and hit the fairgrounds very hard around 7 pm. Many many cars with hail damage, wind damage, or damage from tents falling. The display of 10-12 Callaway cars at Gate 3 had the tent collapse on top of them. Power is completely out but the destruction is very evident. Also one possible fatality. Prayers and sympathy go out to all involved. Multiple vendors suffered entire losses when their tents were flipped over or simply blown away leaving products and display cars exposed.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Holy ****! This is terrible to hear!!!

I was up there all day yesterday and it was a great day. Oh man... I've got a lot of buddies still up there... Gotta start making some calls.

·
DC Crew
2,988 Posts
I might still head over Sunday with my son to help in the cleanup, what a shame.

·
Registered
313 Posts
I think I'm going to do the same thing. I'm less than an hour away.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
That storm hit us two nights ago. Quite a storm it was!:surprised

·
Registered
62 Posts
Got to meet the man

Stopped at DC booth with my nephew and got to meet Patrick and friends
signed the banner and had a great few moments, will spend more time next year. Hope all is ok after storm on Saturday night .
Wondering if Sunday went on or not and any other details and pictures

Thanks To All

·
Registered
135 Posts
The display of 10-12 Callaway cars at Gate 3 had the tent collapse on top of them. Power is completely out but the destruction is very evident. Also one possible fatality.
Just for clarification. The Callaway tent was the one that didn't come down. The 57 reunion tent was probably the worst.

No one died either.

·
DC Crew
53,226 Posts
The show was still on for Sunday!

And, although we didn't have the tent and the Pfadts left, we did still have the ground our tent was on! :laughing:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts