Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
512 Posts
BubbleHead said:
HMMMMMM... you got me thinking now.

I have headers and all the brackets are still there, except for one. I left off the small support rod that goes behind the alternator.

I'm going to experiment this week and see if I can get the vibration to show up with the Vette in park. I may need the motor under a load for the vibe to show up, but I could get lucky.

Thanks Jeff, you have given me something to look into. I may get lucky and the support rod I left off could be the problem. :excited:

Man.. this is a hard one to diagnoses from a desk.. LoL.. There are a lot of things that could probably cause this problem... Here is another question when did this vibration start happening.. right after the header install or soon after? otherwise I am thinking the missing brace might not be ther problem..

-Rick

· Registered
512 Posts
BubbleHead said:
P.S. I do appreciate your guys help with this problem!:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
No prob. thats why were here.. Let us know what you find with the bracket and the TV cable..
-Rick

· Registered
512 Posts
Re: similar vibes

Topman said:
My 94 conv has a vibration too, and its weird sometimes the car seems OK, just not like when I bought it, the mufflers sound louder (its got the power effects system on it).
tonight I took a ride and could hear the muffler rattling against the bottom somewhere . I am convinced its the transmission mount, I had downshifted the other day and felt like something broke , thats when the car sounded different , can even hear a whining noise
(probably my driveshaft getting chewed up by the crooked transmission). I'm not sure where the mount is but I'm sure if I jack the car up high enough I'll be able to change it myself.
Just mentioning this for you Bubblehead, someone suggested checking this and you never posted if you checked it yet.
The 94 doesn't have a traditional rubber trans mount. it has an aliuminum C beam that bolts to the tail shaft and tuns the lenght of the driveshaft and bolts to the diff. the exhaust and drive shaft have to be removed to remove the C beam

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.