Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Never have I had this warning on the DIC. Normally my trans fluid temp is about 190 degrees. When I put all the mods on it in 2006 I also had a 3800rpm Stall Converter put in, plus a extra trans oil cooler (8" x 16" long), mounted in front left side of the stock radiator.

It did the normal *DING DING DING* saying trans fluid HOT. I reset it and looked at the trans fluid temp on my DIC and it was at 260 degrees. I shut the vette down right away. Got it on the lift today and there were no leaks. No slipping on the transmission either, even when I opened it up.

Anyone had this problem?
Where is the Trans Fluid Temp sensor located?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hot vette in the city

I have a Friend that is a GM (Chevy) transmission tech here in Houston I will check for you and write back

·
Registered
Black 08, A&A TI supercharger. Kooks headers. CCW wheels. Much more
12,668 Posts
Check the basics first, are the supply and return lines kinked, a plastic bag or debris around the trans cooler? Even though theres no leaks, fluid level.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have a Friend that is a GM (Chevy) transmission tech here in Houston I will check for you and write back
Okay thanks. Yesterday afternoon I lifted the vette and disconnected the trans cooler that I had added back in 06. It felt cool to the touch which seemed odd when it said my trans oil was to warm. I did blow a small bit of air pressure through it to discard the idea of it being plugged. It was clean as it was new w/ no obstructions.

I also checked fluid level. I followed GM's service manual and shifted through all the gears while warm, put it in park an pulled that big plug on the trans while car was running. Was not low on fluid. All trans fluid lines are not kinked either. Kinda stumped now.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Check the basics first, are the supply and return lines kinked, a plastic bag or debris around the trans cooler? Even though theres no leaks, fluid level.
Yes T.M., I had done all that stuff already. Was hoping it would maybe something simple like that but everything was clean, no leaks, fluid was at correct level and no obstructions around the tranny or the coolers. Fluid did NOT smell burnt and was a good color as well. Thanks for your reply.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts