Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys it's nice to be with you in this great forum , im new member here,
so i have 1995 C4 convertable,(((http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2626709))),i recently had to rebuilt my transmition every thing is went perfect after the work is done, except when i go on top speed the trensmition wont go for the 4th gear (at full throttel in high way and the speed reaches above 225 KM THE PCM IS STOCK NO POWER PROGRAMMER NO PCM REPROGRAMMED- AND STOCK GEAR RATIO 3.07). it seem to be stuck in between the 3rd and the 4th gear. the first time i hapend to after rebuildin the transmition , the band and the drum which carry the 2nd and 4th gears cluches are gone so i had to chang them . after changing them every thing was good and the 4th gear tooked it place at high way ful throttel,but it was once then it started to do that again , the transmition stucked between 3rd and 4th, any one can help me here guys ?
the overhoual kit was from trans star it included prog warner cluches and i have changed the trans. switches.
by the way this problem only appear if i hit full throttel , at cruising every thing is perfect.

·
DC Crew
4,751 Posts
Let me see if I understand.

It WILL go into 4th, but not when you push the pedal all the way to the floor?

Other than the different clutch packs did the trans kit include different springs, valves, and require drilling holes in the shift plate?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ya this prblem appear only if i push the pedal to the floor.
realy i dont know i just bought the kit and giv it to the technition , but i think it has the springs, if used them or not i dont know, what possible coz this problem ?
any thoghts in your mind guys?
i heard that the band should be tighten , and other says it's the tourqe convertor.
im realy lost now anddont know what to do.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yes
when go from zero point to top speed at full throtel from the begining all gears take there place except the 4th gear it goes in the 3rd gear until the speed reaches above 225 KM. then some thing happen like it want to change to the 4th gear but it wont it's like it stay between 3rd and 4th.
no it's not the lock up in fact there isnt lock up when you go for full throttel. the lock up work only when you cruising .

1 - 6 of 6 Posts