Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any experience with the 3M paint protection film commonly known as a "transparent bra"?

www.transparentbra.com

I've read all the ads and have never come across negative comments. It almost sounds too good to be true. Appreciate any first hand reports. Thanks.

·
DC Crew
53,221 Posts
I haven't heard anything bad... except that it's permanent!

There are several folks here with the 3M bra sprayed on. There was a thread in the C4 section about a month or two back on this subject... I'll post a link if I can find it.

·
Banned
591 Posts
SIMILAR TO CLEARTASTICS PRODUCT...oops caps....

·
Registered
8,067 Posts
RealityCheck said:
Does anyone have any experience with the 3M paint protection film commonly known as a "transparent bra"?

www.transparentbra.com

I've read all the ads and have never come across negative comments. It almost sounds too good to be true. Appreciate any first hand reports. Thanks.
I had a "loaner" when my wife's Porsche was in for service. It had the 3M product. It was visibly glossier that the paint and dimmed the color (white) only slightly. I called to find out more about it. the dealer was getting $1495 as an accessory before or after initial purchase. I got him to tell me $900, he was gonna cut dealership out, I was to pay him and he would pay installer (sweet deal if I had fallen for it) he gave me the guy's number but I never called. The contact at the dealer is no longer there-gee I wonder why?

This particular application is sheet plastic not sprayed on. Depending on where you live and the roads it may be worth while. if you cannot find anyone installing it, conatact a Porsche dealer they may have a lead for you. I had previously contacted 3m but never got a response back.

·
DC Crew
32,974 Posts
My sister has something like that on her Trailblazer. The only drwback I can see is when you wax it you have to come back with a toothbrush and clean the ridge where it stops or you can see the whole outline in white(dried wax).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts